Sunday, January 29, 2006

Thankful

Chris and I are feeling ever so thankful for each other these days. Our close friends are seperating right now and it has been a difficult process to watch. They have small children very close in age to ours. This couple has been married almost as long as we have, though their road has been quite different than ours. Chris and I both know that we could have gone down that very same road.....so it is especially tough for us to watch another couple whom we love so much go down that path. I am so thankful that Chris loves me the way that he does and that he thinks that I am smart and beautiful. I cherish the fact that he sees me as his friend and would rather spend time with me than doing so many other things. I am thankful that he stood by me and was committed enough to make our marriage work and pull it out of the ruins and rebuild it into something amazing and so special. He is my gift from God. Delivered to me when I asked for him....each and every specification I requested filled. I marvel at times at just how good God can be and how he truly is able and willing to give us our hearts desire when we ask according to His will for us. One day soon, I hope and pray that God will reveal to our friends just how special and amazing they are to one another. My prayer is that He will rekindle in them a love and desire for one another and that he will place their feet back on the path that He would have them to walk....together. In the meantime, I am just so thankful for the partner that I have in my life, on the path.....together.

No comments: