Wednesday, February 04, 2009

When it Rains, It Pours

Keep me in your prayers. I just had, yet another call from UMC with a NICU family needing services. We are getting so many calls right now. So many hospitals and families asking for our services. It's been nuts. Between my two sessions last week AND the memorial service, I probably have over 400 pictures on my desk right now that need attention. Not to mention my other, paying clients who also would like to receive their pictures in a timely manner. i am having some major time management challenges right about now! So much to do...so little time. And now I have a yucky cold coming on as well. My head feels so heavy and yucky. I just want to climb into bed and sleep forever...but there is NO time for that. And so...prayers for me as it pours and pours tasks right now.

Max's grades are once again, in the proverbial toilet! I don't know how it happens for him. He simply cannot get his things turned in. Doesn't seem to bother him one little bit. I guess I am going to really have to step back here and let him take the fall. It's going to be hard and fast I'm afraid. But alas. It's up to him to make a success of himself. The sooner he does so, the better. Unfortunately, I'm afraid he possesses quite a bent toward the lazier side of life and I doubt motivation is really pumping through him. It's so frustrating to keep going through this with him. At times I feel a bit sympathetic towards him...today I'm really just back to being severely aggravated with him. Watching him...I see that he really just doesn't give a crap. That's an unfortunate thing really. Makes life more than a little miserable around here and it makes it very, very hard for me to like that boy of mine. He and I are just such different creatures. He's like an alien to me with his thinking and his lack of effort and motivation. I honestly do not know what to do with him.

The weekend is ending up jam packed. I'm tired already just thinking about all that needs to be done and accomplished. There are extra, mandatory cheerleading practices on Saturday. And a lot of photo shoots. And two birthday parties. A sleepover...Oh...and Chris has a dinner that he and I have to go to. And thats just Saturday's schedule! Yikes! I really can't wait until we have a weekend with absolutely NOTHING going on. Just a couple of days to sit around and stare at each other. Sounds oh so dreamy!!!

That's all the news for now. Or at least...all that I have time to share. It's late. I'm tired. Must sleep as we hit the floor running full speed tomorrow morning!

No comments: