Tuesday, October 18, 2005

God's Beauty

I have been a resident of Arizona for nearly 11 months now....and I am still amazed at how beautiful and magnificent the mountains here can be. It's like God just relishes the opportunity to paint them a different color each day....each minute even. Today was cloudy with promises and teases of rain. The skies were thick with rolling clouds....but mostly they just rolled on by. But as the sun set this evening...it was awesome. The mountains turn pink nearly every night and it is always beautiful and always short. The majesty of the color change only lasts a few brief minutes. But tonight....tonight was amazing. Tonight the sky was full of dark rolling clouds just hanging suspended over the tops of the mountain. And then the sun started to set and the mountains turned the DEEPEST shade of red....at first even being a deep, bright orange shade. I pointed it out to Jackie and we both exclaimed how pretty and different it was tonight. Then I stepped outside to call in the boys to dinner and I was struck speechless with the beauty I beheld before me. The orange was deepening to red...a fiery, deep, gorgeous red and then rising up into purple sky. It was hard to tell where the mountain stopped and the sky started. It was breathtaking. Jackie popped outside right about that time and all I could do was point. The scene had the same effect on her and the two of us, along with Jackie's neighbor just stood outside there on the corner, drinking in the most beautiful and amazing sight that I have ever seen. God painted one incredible and beautiful picture for us tonight. It was a treat to be sure and a vision I will treasure till my dying day. These mountains are magic. They are beautiful and sometimes I think they are just speaking to me. I see God's hand when I look at them...and I am humbled by the strength and artistry of my God. It is wonderful to have such beauty right here before me each and every day. A great priviledge to live here among it all. Life is good here in the desert....so very beautiful and so very good.

No comments: