Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Saved by the Sunset

Chris and I did go out on our date last night, despite my aggravation level. And it was WONDERFUL! It was fun and relaxed and romantic beyond belief. We went to Outback and had steaks. I wasn't in the mood for anything fussy or fancy. It was delicious....simple, good, comfort food! Then we left and took a drive through the Saguaro National Park and just watched the sunset turn the sky a beautiful pink. The mountains are so beautiful against it...and the cactus look so cool as well. We drove for quite a while just taking in the scenery and the warm night and the peace and quiet. I can honestly say that Tucson is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. It is simply gorgeous here. Every single day I just marvel that we landed here and we live here amidst all of this beauty. I imagine, after being here for 7 months, that I might find the east coast...or anywhere that isn't the desert for that matter, to be very green and inviting. But I truly love the desert and the mountains and everything about it. I think that I just might really appreciate every single corner of the world a little more these days! Today was a good day. Ben was crabby...really contrary all day long, but for the most part the day was good and i enjoyed my kids. Life is good here in the desert once again!

No comments: