Monday, June 20, 2005

Summertime

Summer officially begins at 11:48 p.m. tonight. It was 109 degrees today and it felt HOT! There is a storm blowing in and the air just seemed hot and thick and heavy. We still have a couple of months of heat to go...but so far, so good. This being our first summer here in the desert we are not totally sure what to expect. Our summer is going well so far. The boys are swimming with the swim team and doing really well. They seem to be having a wonderful time and are improving their skills daily. They swim four mornings a week from 8:20 to 9:20 a.m. Then we dry off and head on down the street to the gym so that I get my morning workout in. By noon, we all feel better and are starved for lunch!

Today I had lunch with a friend that works with Chris. I enjoyed the "girl time" immensely! I left the kids with Jackie so it was just the two of us and it was fun, fun, fun. We had Mexican for lunch at a place I had never eaten at before...the food was okay, but the company was delightful. Heather is one of the few people I have gotten to know here that I feel like I halfway click with. We lead totally different lives. She is the breadwinner for the family and her husband stays at home with their two little ones. She has BEAUTIFUL babies. They have the prettiest eyes you have ever seen. So our lives are completely different...obviously. But I find that I still really enjoy talking with her and getting to know her more and more. I can't say that there are many others here that I have clicked with. There is another girl that I enjoy okay...but not as much as Heather. I guess as we continue to be here, God will continue to place new friends in our lives. It has been slow, but I am thankful for the friends thus far, as I feel like they are the long term type.

Things continue to go well for Chris at Ventana. He is working hard and loving it and we are expecting him to move up quickly. I am not sure exactly what that will mean for our family and our time together...but I am excited for him as this is what he has worked so hard for and went to school for. It is nice to see him challenged and happy and enjoying his career so much. It makes me really glad that we moved here. Life continues to be good and we are richly blessed here in the desert.

No comments: