Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Backwards!

So, I mentioned previously that Clara had her ears pierced. It has been a week and 3 days since that momentous event. Well, last night when Clara took her shirt off one of the earrings got hung on her shirt and came out with her shirt. We heard this little tiny clink on the tile in the bathroom and I looked down and there it was. This is not supposed to happen at all. The earrings are supposed to be locking and should be quite difficult to remove. However, apparently Clara has a pair that is not so tight locking. It did not seem to hurt at all, but it did strike a chord of panic in our household. In a new piercing, if the earring is removed, the hole will close fairly immediately. And so we quickly tried to reinsert the earring into the hole...to NO AVAIL! It could not be done. So i was very disappointed and worried all night long about it. Clara was SO very excited about her earrings. So was mommy! And I was so disappointed in the setback. I imagined that we would have to let the hole heal over and that Clara would just have to wear one earring for 6 weeks or so and then get that one repierced. But when I called the ear place this morning I found that not to be the case at all. The girl there asked if I had tried to put the earring back in and I told her that I had tried. Then she asked me if I tried putting it in through the back instead of the front and I said no. So I tried that and guess what....it worked! Hooray. I was supposed to put it in through the back and then pull it out and put it in through the front...but I never could get it to work that way. So I finally just put it in from the back and slapped the back on the front. Then I called the girl at the piercing place and she said that if I bring her in in a few days she will help me turn it around the right way. That is a relief and we will have another week under our belt to heal a little more. But for now...her one earring is backward, but is thankfully in place and doing it's job. I imagine that there is no real harm in just leaving it in backward for the next 5 weeks....it works both ways! But I hate seeing her look so funny and I really miss seeing those tiny little blue studs at her earlobes. I see that on one side, and then a big gold back on the other! So in another week we will pursue having it fixed! Until then! We are backwards in the desert!

No comments: