Thursday, August 18, 2005

Bounce, Bounce

Okay...so the whole eight pound loss is not exactly sticking so to speak. I am bouncing all around...though still a lot lower than when I started. I bounce up today and then the next day I am down a little bit...then back up...then down a little. One of these days it WILL stick! I know it! I'm not too worried about it. I feel pretty good these days and know that it will take a good bit of time....that whole lifestyle change thing! They say that Rome wasn't built in a week. Well, neither was my big butt...and so it shall not be destroyed in a week either!

On a more fun note...Clara started pre-school today! She had her little backpack on her back and was all smiles as we headed off for her first day. I expected tears or stress as we parted ways...but when the time came for me to slip out she was waving wildly and saying "Bye, Mom!". She obviously was not experiencing the anxiety that I was so worried about. So now my baby girl is a school girl! She had the time of her life. She painted and colored and sang songs and had snacks and played on the playground and read 2 stories and played with Playdoh. I guess in the life of a three year old, it just doesn't get too much better than that, huh? She can hardly wait for Tuesday when she gets to go back! I am relieved to know that she had such a good time.

We met Ben's teacher tonight and I can honestly say that I really adored her! Super nice, really energetic and totally fun. Ben SOOO needed to have a great and fun year this year. She seems like a really fantastic teacher and I am really thrilled and excited for him and he seems to be really happy as well. Not really sure about Max's teacher yet. She seems really nice I guess. But I haven't really decided what I feel about her. Max seems to like her well enough, but only time will tell. Granted, 4th grade is a whole lot tougher than 3rd, and more is expected and the day to day stuff is more serious...I still just don't know about Max's teacher. His teacher from last year told me that I would just love his new teacher. But she did not place her own children there with this teacher and I wonder why not. If she is so great and all that. Only time will tell. I have no complaints at this point with any of my kids teachers. All is well in the land of back to school! Life is very good in the desert!

No comments: