Thursday, August 17, 2006

Grrrrrrr...Thursdays

So...Thursdays are turning out to be rough for me this season. I don't even know how we got to this point...no way to avoid it really...just bad luck I think. But my Thursdays are going to be long and lousy now for the next 12 weeks....at least. Our morning starts by having everyone out the door by 8:25 a.m. I drop the boys off at school and Clara and I head into the gym, where I have back to back classes. First, a turbokick class, followed by a BodyPump strength training class. The I rush home, grab a quick shower, giving Clara her lunch to eat while I shower. Then it's back out the door to drop her off at preschool at 12:15. I pick her up at 2:45. Then head straight to school to pick up the boys. We rush home, grab Max's guitar and head right back out the door within 10 minutes to get Max to his guitar lesson. Thirty minutes later, we are back in the car heading home. And this is where life will get fun. We have to be back out the door and on the soccer field by 6 p.m. We will not get home from guitar until right at 5. I don't know where soccer practice is going to be yet....but I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't be anywhere convenient! At some point, I have to feed my family dinner, not to mention, help Max get his homework done. Soccer doesn't end until 7:30. If we are LUCKY, which, believe me, I am SO not feeling right about now....but if we are lucky, we might be home by 7:50 or so. By the time we get showers...well...game over, lights out, bedtime! I asked Max's music teacher if he had any lesson openings on Monday or Wednesday afternoons...but of course, he didn't. THAT would have made my life too easy. If something becomes available, he's going to let me know. I won't be sitting here holding my breath...that's for sure. Despite the insanely crazy schedule, I'm thankful for the bustle of fall. I love to see my children's faces light up in smiles as they see their friends or learn something new and cool. I love to know that each day has a purpose and direction and a definite "to do" list. I appreciate and miss my babies more, now that I don't see them all day, every day. This year will be a huge adventure, for ALL of us. My prayer is just for peace and a desire to relax and see it all through. Life is busy in the desert...to be sure, but oh so good!

No comments: