Sunday, August 20, 2006

Hobby


A coyote I was lucky enough to glimpse resting at the desert museum. Posted by Picasa

So....everyone who knows me, even just a little bit, knows that I am a bit passionate about my camera and pictures. So...lately, as my baby girl gets closer and closer to starting school, I have been entertaining the notion that it might be time to grow up and, you know, contribute to our family income in some way. Everyone keeps telling me that I have an eye for photography and that it is my gift, so to speak. I'm starting to think they may be right. I don't know about the gift part or having any special eye for photography...but I love taking pictures. I could do it day and night. I have also gotten a lot of comments on the nice graphics of this blog site. I take special pleasure in that, since they are not graphics, but my very own pictures, taken with my very own camera. It has been a huge confidence booster. And so....I finally ordered some professional backdrops and bought some lights and I hope to set up a sort of home studio and experiment over the next while to see just what I can do with it all. I have no idea if I can even begin to shoot anything worth looking at. But I at least hope to try. I am not an ambitious person at all....that is my husband's job! So my prayer is that God will really use this in me if this is the direction He would have me go. I hope to be set up by next weekend. I have a real passion for babies...haven't really shot any with my camera...but that is where my mind and heart always seem to wander to...so I am hoping to explore the baby, young child arena. I am blessed to be in a group right now where there are LOTS of babies being born. It is definitely a new adventure for me...one I am cautiously optimistic about. I keep getting bogged down in worries...like that my room is too small, or that the walls should be stark white and not the painted neutral that they are....or that the window in that room might be a bad thing...but hoping that it might be a really nice thing. You know....killing the whole thing before it even gets off the ground...before I ever shoot the first picture. That would be typical me. But I want to give it a shot....and for once, see just what I can do with it. Everyone else seems to have so much faith in me...I just need to find some it for myself. So....if you are reading this....you've seen the pics on this site....what do YOU think? I'd love any feedback from unbiased folks who won't just say nice things to my face because they know me...but from others who read the words and see the pictures of a stranger...as a stranger...what do you think? Life is good here in the desert. Exciting, unknown, hopeful....and very, very good.

No comments: