Tuesday, February 05, 2008

2008 Just Keeps Getting Better...NOT!!!

So, January totally sucked for the Roberts household. Broken bones, surgeries, strep throats and dead dogs...for starters. Everyone assured me that we were just getting it all out of the way and behind us. I am sitting here tonight to report that that simply does NOT seem to be the case. I spent all afternoon in the Urgent Care with Clara this afternoon. Sore throat, fever, chills, tight chest cough. Despite Tylenol her fever continued to rise on up. Turns out that they think she is suffering a good case of bronchitis. Never any fun in a child with an asthma history. While she sounded fairly clear today lungwise and was moving air well...her oxygen levels were way down. Not at all where they should be considering everything that seemed so good for her. So they think the throat is hurting because she has been coughing for 11 days straight (it didn't look streppy or patchy) and the fever is a result of the bronchitis settling in and taking over. So. Innocent little sniffles have turned into yet another ordeal for this lovely year! Bless her little heart, the child is beyond miserable tonight. She is achy and feverish. She says her eyes hurt and that she is "so, so freezing". That would be the temperature of 101.7 that I put her to bed with. Can this family not catch a break? I mean...who's sh_t list did we end up on anyway that we deserve all this lousy treatment?! This momma is just frustrated tonight. She is tired and she is cranky and she is just really done with this year. Fast forward to 2009 already! This year just really isn't working out for me! I'm generally a person who looks forward to the future...but I am more than a little weary and I am a WHOLE lot of WARY about what might be lurking around the corner for us right now! I'm thinking that I am just going to have to get REAL content right now with life as it is here and now...bronchitis and all. I am VERY thankful that it is not worse than it is. Because I do know that it could be. But I hope that this really truly is the end of the trials and that there is some sweet rest and quietness to life ahead for this weary family!

No comments: