Thursday, February 07, 2008

Why I Hate 2008....so far

January 1-broken hand for Chris
January 7- surgery to wire together broken hand
January 7-had to put dog to sleep
January 10- Clara gets bad case of strep throat
January 18- my crazy lady client resurfaces with another new and totally complicated and impossible order(someone must really hate me!)
January 21-Max gets nasty cold
January 25 Clara catches Max's nasty cold
January 29-equipment failure in the studio mid-shoot...$100 to fix it and the parts are backordered (naturally!)
February -lucky us...2...that's right TWO, MANDATORY science fair projects due
February 3- I get nasty stomach bug thing...lasts 5 days (so far)
February 5- Clara's cold turns into bronchitis and we end up in Urgent Care
February 6-our kid gets hit on the bus by another kid (so much for "hands are for helping, not for hurting!)
February 6- Clara's cough gets worse and she ends up needing cough stuff with codeine to knock her out enough to rest
February 6- Mother Nature arrives with a vengeance...once again, husband rejoices that we are not pregant (duh!)
February 7- Clara suffers first ashtma attack in over a year. Back on albuterol.

You know...it's nearly comical at this point. In a really scary kind of "I'm not real sure I want to wake up and face another day" kind of way. We are exactly 38 days into the new year. Right now there is some unpleasant or mildly catastrophic event occuring once every 2.71 days. Yeah. So...I am finding myself to be a bit on the pissy side of life right about now. I know the bible says to "Give thanks in all circumstances..." but I'm struggling a little bit on that one right here today. I'm thankful that even though we are nearly all sick and/or broken, we are indeed a family that loves one another deeply. I am thankful that I have wonderful friends who have so consistently loved and encouraged me over these past few weeks...even when the first words out of my mouth when I see them are "You should know I am totally bitchy today". They love me and want to hang out with me anyway. I am thankful that my two boys have been so unbelievably sweet the past couple of weeks that I spend a good part of each morning just thanking God for them and their sweet and cooperative dispositions. And I am really, really thankful that I have been spared this crappy luck in life prior to this point and that I can recognize it for what it is and really and truly appreciate those times in life when the winds are still and the waters are calm. That said...personally...I am ready for 2009. I have had quite enough of 2008. It's a year that hasn't really suited me. No thank you. I've had enough.

No comments: