Monday, February 04, 2008

Ballerina Girl...

You should see my baby girl dance. When she enters ballet she is simply in another world. She is so focused and so serious and so beautiful out there...holding her head high and so gracefully performing her little routine. It is such a total Swan Lake moment for her! Tonight at ballet they got their first look at their costumes. They are simply beautiful. Just lovley in every way. And I have to say that Clara looked like an angel in it. I nearly cried right there in class. Seeing her in that tutu looking so beautiful and regal. That girl has real presence in a tutu...no doubt about that. She's so tall and so thin and so strikingly pale and those blue eyes of hers just pierce you to the core. She looks so lovely. Anyway...she looked like an angel. Just a beautiful little angel!

And can I just brag on my sweet Ben. He takes a shower...comes down half wet and pajamed. I ask him...did you shower? "Yep" he says...."Want to smell me?" I passed on the sniff test...but when I kissed him on the head he smelled SO good and fresh and sweet. Sweet like my Ben!

And Max...I am amazed at that one. Since I went to Hawaii and my dear sister watched over him he has made a miraculous appearance in the kitchen every morning without my yelling or having to get the crow bar to get him out of bed! He has shown up in the kitchen each morning, unsummoned, with his clothes on and his bed made...getting his breakfast and being totally ready for school without one bit of help from me. It's been bliss. SO much less hectic and so much more relaxed in the mornings. It's been a wonderful week!

And so...can I just say that tonight...I adore the three kids that God saw to bless me with! I just love them. I love their dancing and their sweet smells and their cooperative spirits in the morning. And I love the way they hug me when I come home each day and the way they linger in the kitchen to talk to me about their day. I love the way they are excited about life and I love their blue blue eyes. I love their spirited little selves and the adventures that we are having with them. I am so blessed to have these three little people in my life!

No comments: