Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'm Thinking About...







adding pet photography to my offerings. I have done several now...only one being my very own. And I have to say that I really do enjoy that. It's a WHOLE new set of challenges and adventures...but I think I really like that. I had a couple of dobermans in a couple of weeks ago...I was nervous about them...but they were so delightful and photogenic. And then tonight I had two beagles that were just so fun. They were all howling and wanting to go play elsewhere...it was just fun. Somthing new and refreshing. At times I think it might be nice to never photograph people...just pets. They are WAY less sassy than my average 2 and 3 year olds! They don't dismiss me even before I take the first picture. They don't pronounce me "all done" and they generally look right at you when call their name or make a funny noise. Kids are amazingly immune to the sound of their own names! I am feeling restless with my photography right now I think. Maybe that's why I welcome the change so...Something new. A new learning curve. Something totally unpredictable in life to dance with! I'm kicking the idea around. I definitely like what I've done so far. And it's been fun. I'm not so against the idea of moving out of my comfort zone anymore. I really REALLY fought the idea of outdoor photography...but I feel like I've really kind of learned a whole lot in that area and I really enjoy it now. Before I literally lost sleep if I had an outdoor session or anything with any sort of natural light at all. But I am pretty happy with what's coming out of those sessions here lately. So that's good. And at one time I DEFINITELY shuddered at the thought of pet photography...but here tonight...I find myself thinking it might be a good bit of fun! And while I can grumble over my two and three year olds...on some deep level I think they are my favorites! Talk about wild cards! You just don't know what in the world they will ever do! What a totally fun and versatile job I have created for myself here! I feel like one of the luckiest ladies on the planet tonight! Dogs...Kids...Moms...Dads... Grandparents...it's all good!

No comments: