Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Luau!






Day two of Hawaii was yet another day of fun and sun here on the Big Island! I started the day with another walk down the beach while Chris was in his meetings. I came upon another sea turtle, freshly climbed up upon the beach. She was still wet and glistening with sea water and just laying there sunning herself so peacefully. So of course...lots more pictures! I find them to be so facsinating and would love to see one swimming underwater...but only if I was underwater with a camera in my hand! Not sure if that is going to happen! Anyway. That was a neat thing. I found two more heart shaped rocks on the beach and a huge heart shaped chunk of lava rock! Isn't that so cool?! Then Chris and I walked over to the King's shops and had lunch, then returned to the resort to lay by the pool and listen to the crashing waves on the beach. Not a bad way to spend the afternoon really! Then we hit the fitness center for a quick workout. I got in just over a three mile run, and then it was time to head upstairs and shower because Chris had gotten us tickets to the LUAU!!! How fun! I have to say the Luau was NOT what I was expecting...at all! There were no roasted pigs and only a couple of hula girls in grass skirts. As we are there we find out it isn't really a Luau at all, but a Polynesian dinner and theatre...but we were there and that was that. They had tables of food from all of the Polynesian islands. I can't say that it was all yummy...but it was all interesting, for sure! Oh...and there were unlimited Mai Tais to be had...all you could drink! Now those...YUMMY! So we ate and sampled all sorts of interesting things and drank beautiful Mai Tais (they all come with these beautiful blossoms in them!) and watched the show. It was a delightful evening to be sure! I will post pictures here with this entry when I get back! So if you are reading it now sans pictures...you will have to tune back in later! Then we returned to our resort and sipped wine by the pool while Chris and his coworker got some work done. It's a rough life here in Hawaii...what a pace! All this relaxing can really wear a girl out! We fell into bed exhausted last night and slept deeply and soundly. Today is another gorgeous day here in Paradise! Chris has headed down to meeting and I am going to clean up our little room here and head back down to the beach. I think we are going to spend ANOTHER day relaxing and laying out by the pool! Tomorrow we are heading over to Volcanoes National Park to see the lava flows and hopefully a botanical garden or two! Until then! Aloha!

No comments: