Friday, January 04, 2008

And The Verdict Is...

BROKEN! Yep. Chris has broken his hand and we are heading into surgery first thing Monday morning. Now how is THAT for a start to the New Year? UGGGHHH! I certainly hope this is not an indication of the year ahead of us! Timing couldn't be worse since we are heading to Hawaii in just over two weeks! I guess Chris will be going all screwed and casted! Those of you who are praying folks can just start praying for Chris and I right now. Chris for rapid, supernatural healing. And me for the strength to endure the whininess that is sure to come with all of this fun surgery stuff. I think I'm gonna have me four kids instead of three for a while here and I have to say that I already find 3 to be QUITE enough! So prayers for me to be brave and sensitive through all of this. I know Chris is in lot's of pain and the past week hasn't been a bit of fun at all for him. Now...I do have to say here that IF he had listened to me and gone on into Urgent Care as soon as it happened, we might well have gotten through all of this process faster and have this whole surgical adventure behind us by now. A real "I told you so" kind of situation...but hey...men are so danged stubborn sometimes! Now that I think of it, why don't you throw in an extra prayer for his stubborness to be healed too!

What else is going on in our house? Well. The kids and I just got back from a fantastic visit with my sister in Phoenix. My kids all adore her and her husband so much! It was fast and furious (seems that's the only speed life moves at these days!), but so much fun. It's scary how much alike my sister and I are...especially since we did not grow up together. But we have crazy similar tastes. And pretty much the exact same tastes in clothes. I love shopping with her because we love all the same things. And if one of us tries on something and it looks good, then it's almost guaranteed to look good on the other! We're pretty much the same size too....so we just always look for two of the things that we love the most! I love that she lives so close now and that I get to see her. Though it always leaves me wishing I could visit even more often! Next time I head up there I'm going sans kiddos! And staying overnight and it's going to be girl time all the way! I can't wait! Okay...back to getting caught up with life around this dirty house!

1 comment:

mandy said...

hope all went well today. praying for you all!