Thursday, December 18, 2008

15 Years Ago Today...


I said "I do"...and the pastor pronounced us man and wife...till death do us part. We had NO idea what we were in for as we took each other by the hand and walked back down that aisle together as man and wife. Neither of us could ever have imagined. We could not have imagined just how bad it could be. How dark it could be. How frustrating. We could not have imagined how we would struggle financially or that we would live in a little crack house and be so proud of it. We could not have imagined that we would ever face some of the things that we have faced together. Most of all, we could never have imagined how much more we would possibly love each other 15 years later. How precious our marriage would be to us. How hard we would have fought to be here at this point. And how very blessed we would feel and how PROUD we would feel to be still standing here today....man and wife. Together. We have been SO very blessed, and God's hand has been upon us every step of the way...without a doubt. And I only hope I am fortunate enough to share another 15 years, and then another, and then another, with this incredible man that I am married to. Marriage....it's a GOOD thing!

2 comments:

Johnson and Johnson said...

Tonya, that is so beautiful!!!!! I love what you wrote. You should be so proud, you have a wonderful husband and family. I love the pictures!!!

Johnson and Johnson said...

I love what you wrote! You should be so proud, you have a wonderful husband and a beautiful family! I love the pictures too. Good job!