Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April 1, 2009

Talk about one crazy day! WOW! I got all of the kids out the door and off to school. The drop off line was just obnoxiously slow this morning. No idea what the heck the hold up was. But it was a real pain! Then I came on back up the hill, popped an english muffin in the toaster because I forgot to eat breakfast, and set myself to the task of speed washing my car! And I managed to accomplish it in record time AND I stayed dry! Woo hoo! Washing the car and devouring the english muffin took a grand total of 21 minutes and then I was right back in the car and headed to body combat. I have to say that I was not overly excited to get there today because I knew my dear friend Jenny was ditching! It's never as much fun to sweat all alone. I screeched into the gym, got all signed in and headed down to class. I had a couple of extra minutes to thrown down my things and make a super quick potty stop before class started. As I headed to "MY SACRED CORNER" in the studio I came to a VERY abrupt stop. WHO was standing there...in my happy and safe corner of the world...but STING!!!!!! I call him Sting for short. I dubbed him "Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee" many moons ago. But Sting is just easier to say! And type! STing is an older gentleman who is...well...uncoordinated and wild out there on the gym floor. And I don't mean wild like he's whooping it up and letting it go and having a blast. I mean wild...like he's gonna hurt somebody one of these days. The room tends to part around Sting. He generally has an entire full quarter of the room all to himself. REGARDLESS of how packed a class is! He throws all sorts of wild punches and kicks so hard that more than once I have expected to see him land on his wild backside! He manages to stay on his feet...but I imagine it's just barely. He's something to take in...that's for sure. I decided a long time ago that me and my space issues were not compatible with Sting and his "all over the floor crazy kung fu moves" self. Which is how I found my way back to the far right corner. It's such a lovely and safe space. The people that tend to congregate in that corner are all highly coordinated. They move when you are supposed to move, are usually on the right foot with the right arm flying...those things are important when there's a great deal of punching and kicking and what not going on. All in all...it's a GOOD corner. Or it was. Until today when I arrived to find Sting in it! It was a total " Oh Shit" moment. Another lady there who is approved for my corner and is also more than a little familiar with Sting and his moves was practically quaking in fear and was quick to flag me down and give me the warning that he was THERE. So I quickly backpedaled and made the instant decision to change locations for the day. I mean...it was the only safe thing to do. And so I moved...center back row...and ended up....in the Fart Zone. That's right. The Fart Zone. Someone in that center zone had some SERIOUS gastrointestinal challenges going on this morning as that class warmed up. I mean... WHEW!!!! I thought to myself....I can hold my breath for good long periods during the warm ups here...but once things get to cooking I am going to be sucking some wind and it REALLY needs to be MUCH fresher wind than what is circulating around here right now. Fortunately, by the time we hit the third track, the noxious fumes seemed to be letting up a bit. The one bright spot in the time at the gym was that we got to do the kick butt awesome leg workout that I just adore. I mean I LOVE it! So that helped to make up for Sting and the re-lo to the Fart Zone!

After the gym I ran home for a super quick shower, then was out the door to drop off my car for an oil change and to meet my friend Gillian for lunch. We went to Rubios and had THE BEST salads ever. I mean...absolutely amazing, wonderful, delicious, left you just a hankering for the next one kind of good! They were SO totally yummy. Accompanying Gillian today was Miss Sarah Gracie...who has got to be my very most favorite two year old in the world. I ADORE her! She cracks me up and is so sweet with her endless chatter and musings. She's at that age where everything is SO exciting and neat and fun. I could just eat her up! Lunch was a fun and lively event.

Once we were done with lunch and Gillian had gone on to put Miss Sarah down for a nap, I set off to wander through Pier One and Target. I found the PERFECT flowers for my scarlett macaw bathroom. They look SO bright and beautiful! And my parrot head picture arrived this past week and looks so great there framed by the huge picture of the feathers. It has come together really nicely! Anyway...I found gorgeous, bright hibiscus flowers that match the bathroom PERFECTLY. Then it was off to Target. I LOVE to amble my way through Target. Nice and slow and steady. $250 later it was time to get the heck OUT of that store! I really only popped in there for four things....3 small plastic baskets to organize a couple of things, toilet bowl cleaner, a red sangria wine cube (it's my little sister's FAVORITE!!!!) and a pop up laundry hamper for the camper. 4 things. I came out with....well...more than 4!!! While i was there, I decided to go ahead and take care of Mr. EASter Bunny...because I really don't have any time for that between now and then. Bunny is always rather practical in our house. He's bringing swimsuits, beach towels, and a limited assortment of candies. Then the hand soaps were on sale...so i picked up 4 of those. Then...when I got to the toilet bowl cleaners, they had TWO packs on sale for just $2.50. So I HAD to get two of those. Gladys, the housekeeper, likes a good toilet bowl cleaner. I think. Then there was the body wash. And the shampoo. And the conditioner. And the hangers. I HATE running out of hangers! Oh...and then there was the MiniMove...which is like a little portable battery operated boom box for your iPod. I wanted this for camping. We have great inside and outside speakers on the 5th wheel. Surround sound inside and nice exterior speakers too. But sometimes...if it's windy...or if the campfire is far away from the camper, it's hard to hear the Satellite Radio. So this way, we can still have some music. And we know it will music we like...because it's our iPod. See?! Makes sense, right? I'm quite sure there were a couple of other things too...anyway....by the time it was all said and done and totaled up....well, it wasn't cheap! That's all I have to say about that!

Once the car was done with the oil change...nearly 3 hours later (good grief!), I had JUST enough time to very quickly dart into Fry's and grab the milk my family was out of, the creamer for my coffee and some soup for my sick neighbor. Now...I love this neighbor and her totally sweet kiddos...if I were one who actually whipped up pots of homemade soup...I SO totally would have! But I SO totally don't do that. I'm pretty sure it involves a lot of shopping for ingredients, cutting, chopping, and cooking for a long time sorts of activities. And that's not so much my strong point. It must be a real disappointment to my mother who cooks everything from scratch and whips up delicious home cooked, full on from scratch, full dinners. From scratch biscuits and all!!! I'm definitely more of a Bisquick girl...and even that is pretty scary most of the time. So I really did my neighbor a HUGE favor by NOT attempting to make soup and simply picked it up at Fry's. Boo me. But then again...I'm guessing said neighbor is still very much alive and well tonight! Anyway...the one minor detail I forgot....was that Wednesdays are SENIOR DAYS at Fry's! HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! Talk about a nightmare obstacle course! Fry's is like the old people social event of the week. I believe they go to see and to be seen. They stand around in great aisle blocking groups and comment on who died this week. They manage to block aisles in ways that would boggle the mind. They move at practically no speed at all....It was a grocery store nightmare. I felt like an Olympic sprinter and I dodged carts and electric scooters and leaped from aisle to aisle, passing every moment I could to gain a little free and clear ground ahead. There was a gentleman ahead of me at the milk cooler. He opened the cooler and I KNOW, proceeded to touch at least 8 milks looking for an acceptable date. When I finally got my turn, I thought...Dude...if you haven't drunk your milk by 10 days from now....you should REALLY consider buying a HALF GALLON......not a gallon. Because that gallon is going to start to taste a bit wonky ten days from now, ya know?! Anyway. I was having to call on my inner, calm self just to get out of that store sane. THEN it was a major life threatening event just to cross the parking lot with all the incoming senior drivers. I don't know WHERE the heck they are looking...but it is SO not straight ahead! It is No small feat to got across that parking lot safely on senior days...I'll tell ya that!

What with senior days and all, I barely made it to school to pick up my kiddos on time. Once we picked them up we dropped off the soup, ran into an old church friend who has gotten SO wildly skinny! WOW!!!!! I asked her about it and she said it's just from taking care of the foster twins they have right now. I asked her on the spot if I could rent them. I wasn't kidding. Where do I sign? I NEED some twins! That MUST be my problem!

Once home, there were dozens and dozens of projects to tackle. Max stayed at school until 8:30 tonight working with his team on their Odyssey of the Mind project for this weekend's upcoming competition. That group is really awesome at procrastinating. I don't know if i will whoop with joy or break down and cry if they make it to the World competitions! Ben's team is doing a great job. VERY organized. VERY methodical. I think they have a really, really good shot at going on the World competition this year!

And finally....I sit here typing this from my brand new desk chair! I am SOOOOO excited to have this chair. To be sitting in something besides my kitchen chair right now....amazing. To be able to LEAN BACK on soft, but firm supportiveness...HEAVENLY!!!! To have armrests....I feel like I have died and gone to Heaven! I have to give Chris all the credit because it was him who really recognized the need and authorized the purchase. It's soooooo lovely. Ahhhh. Bliss! Buying the chair was just one other detail I took care of tonight!

And now...it is late Wednesday. I am tired. I need to sleep. But as i sit here typing this I hear Chris snoring SOOOOOO loudly. I doubt I would find sleep easily were I to head off to bed right this moment. I shall wait just a bit...then head in when it seems to have hit a quiet streak! And that's April 1 in the Robert's house!

I need to aim for bed at a reasobab

1 comment:

Johnson and Johnson said...

You are hysterical!!! I'm so sad I missed you at combat! Sting just kills me... I mean really, give me a break! Oh yeah.... and senior day at Fry's... too funny!