Tuesday, March 31, 2009

3/31/09

It's been QUITE a long time since I took a few moments to catch up this blog. Needless to say the Roberts family has definitely been on the run! Spring is SUCH a busy time! Since my brush with death with a few weeks ago (aka the flu), time has been hurtling by faster than ever! Both boys competed in their Odyssey of the Mind competitions and did great. Both of their teams advanced to state level competition. So there have been LOTS of extra practices of course...added to our already very busy schedule! We head up to Phoenix this weekend for the big competition! If they are top scorers, then we will be OFF to the World competitons! Woo hoo!

The photography business has been just awesome. Very, very busy. It has felt like the Christmas crunch around here lately! It's a GREAT problem to have. I attended another great photography conference over Spring Break in San Diego. That was really nice. And I am getting too excited over some new products and techniques! Just this week I ordered SEVERAL new rolls of seamless paper in all sorts of wonderful and fun colors! I can't WAIT for that to get here. Then I have just a couple of other things to gather and I will be ready to PLAY!!!! I'll also be looking for volunteers...so if you read this and are interested, shoot me a note! There is so much fun and exciting stuff going on with the whole photography business that I am thinking about adding a blog to my website so I can update it more regularly. I am not allowed to touch my website...too much potential for disaster...according to my dear hubby! But I'm quite handy with a blog and if he'll just add a simple button or link from my website...well that would solve everything! It's on my "to do" list! Along with a few hundred other things! LOL!

Another fun thing in our house....my sister, her hubby and two adorable boys are coming to Tucson to see us THIS SATURDAY!!! Woo Hoo! So we will be racing from the competition award ceremony Saturday after 5 p.m. to get back to Tucson and then down to the airport to get them! We have so many fun things planned while they are here! There are sunset horseback rides, hiking, the Desert Museum and a camping trip to the Grand Canyon! It will be a lively and action packed week for sure! Not there seems to be anything else at our house! I don't know what our family would do if we suddenly found ourselves with any semblance of free time or without a calendar slammed full of appointments and obligations! I do dream of it though! That is...when I slow down enough to sleep...which is NOT nearly enough lately. I am severely lacking in the sleep dept. here lately. I NEED to work on that!

Oh well...that's the catch up! Got to run again! Unfortunately, the laundry in this house does NOT do itself!!!!

No comments: