Tuesday, March 10, 2009

New Day....Same Crud

Well...my chicken soup was NOT a miracle worker. I do NOT feel cured. Not by long shot. Quite the opposite really. I think I have a full fledged case of the flu. The night and this day have been miserable. My throat has hurt...it feels like it wants to stick together on itself. And it's excruciating. I have battled a high fever off and on. It was 103 this morning as I was trying to talk the kids through getting ready for school. I knew without a doubt that there was no way I could get my feverish self into the car and pilot it that mile and a quarter to school. NO WAY. So I put in an early morning SOS call to Chris' mom and asked her to help me transport Ben and Clara. Ben was a sweetheart and helped Clara get her breakfast and all she needed to have so that they were both ready when Gigi arrived. I proceeded to spend the entire rest of the day here in the bed...where I am still hanging out as of 8 p.m. tonight. Still miserable. Still flu like. It's bad enough that Chris is coming home from his trip early. Not that there is much that he can do to help. It is one of those things that you just have to ride out...unfortunately. But if I die, it will be less traumatic on the kids if he is here. Just kidding. Seriously though...I do not know when I have known misery and discomfort like this. Needless to say...today has not been fun. It was REALLY not fun having to drag my feverish body into my computer desk and do the work that I left for today because I thought I would be cured. Some things can be put off until later work wise. But I was working with a client on a major deadline for some announcements they needed and I HAD to get that uploaded to the printing company for her. Everything else is simply sitting on hold for now until I can get my head clear a little bit and my body to stop hurting. Tomorrow is a new day. I again, am hoping for a miraculous cure tonight so I can go to bodycombat tomorrow. But I am not overly counting on that. There is a new heaviness this evening in my face and sinuses that I am finding quite uncomfortable. Seems as though the symptoms just keep on rolling themselves out. Patience. Just trying to be patient through all of this.

No comments: