Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sleepless Nights

It is 3:46 a.m. right now and i cannot sleep. Every time I drift off at all, I seem to start coughing...or I just can't be still. This flu has whacked out my whole sleeping patterns. Not that i'm not tired! I've got plenty of THAT going on for sure. Just not the sleep results that go along with it. I'm not the only sleepless being in the house tonight. I see that Benjamin has passed through here at 1:37 this morning. How do I know this? Because I poured out a dose of medicine for him and left a note for him on the stairs that it was there. I figured he would come looking for something for his sore throat pain...and since I was planning to sleep well for the first time tonight...then he wouldn't have to wake me. He could just get it and go back to bed. I just told him in the note to jot down what time he took it so I would know when he could have another dose. Hence...the 1:37 pass through the kitchen. I found his note. What's really annoying is that once I'm up and sitting here doing something completely mindless and NOT trying to sleep...the cough completely disappears. Hmmmm. ain't life grand that way?

I was supposed to do pictures first thing in the morning, but I ended up rescheduling them because I cannot in good conscious bring a sweet healthy baby into the flu pit! Not with people still coming down sick every few days! I suppose that was the best decision, as I am still totally wiped out myself. The not sleeping thing, coupled with the coughing all day thing, coupled with I've been flat on my back, do not get up, do not pass go, do not collect $200 for three days thing...it really zaps you! We had a dinner thing last night for Chris's work, and I was practically crawling back in the door last night after dinner. And it was NOT a late night. But I could hardly talk by the time we got home because my throat was so exhausted. And I was coughing again. And I couldn't even begin to come close to finishing my dinner! That's a first! Anyway...this flu is taking an even bigger toll on me than I had realized and it's effects have been MUCH longer lasting and further reaching than I would have thought.

I really have no other news than exactly that tonight. Or I should say, this morning. It is nearly 4 a.m. and I'm just so tired. Going to try to slip back into bed and see if perhaps I can log at least one or two more hours before I face this new day. Now that I moved my appointment, there is NOTHING on the calendar. Like NOTHING. And THAT is a first in I don't know how long! If I wasn't so darned tired and worn out, I might be giddy with excitement. Instead...all I can think about doing with the day...is sleeping. Flu...it's a nasty thing!

No comments: