Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Here's Hoping

Tonight is Clara's first grade play. I have been preparing myself all day for the fact that I HAVE to pull myself together enough to walk into that school and see her do her thing. Apparently she has some important parts. And it simply won't do for her not to have her parent there to witness her doing them! And since her Dad is sitting on an airplane, then it HAS to be me! And so I have dragged myself out of bed and made an attempt to comb my hair into something halfway respectable. I've put on a touch of makeup (not that I think it has really helped too much) and I have on something besides pajamas. And now...15 minutes before it's time to go...I"m totally exhausted and ready to go to bed! The throb is SOOOO happening in my throat...despite cup upon cup of hot tea and several salt water gargles. Oh...and about those...boy do I suck at gargling! I mean....Yikes! Every other time I've attempted it I've either ended up wearing a great deal of my salt water on my shirt, had it running out my mouth and down my face, or managed NOT to catch it at the back of my throat, only to have a nasty swallow/gag response that manages to flush the vile stuff right out my nose. Very graceful that gargling has been. I think my gag reflex might be a tad bit sensitive for any real productive gargling to be able to take place. Nevertheless...I have tried repeatedly anyway. And now I am getting ready to drag myself off to the school. Luckily Chris' mom is coming to drive us. Because I'm not sure I can do all of that. I'm wiped out so easily right now. And I am hoping and praying that just this once, the music teacher has seen fit to come up with a short and concise little musical play. Some of the ones in the past have been QUITE long and seem to drag on forever. Pleeeaaassse don't let that be the case tonight. Please let it be short and sweet. Well...it's nearly time to go. So here's hoping for short and sweet. I don't even care if it's sweet....I'm just really hoping for short!!! Here's hoping!

No comments: