Thursday, March 12, 2009

Life With the Flu

I FINALLY feel like I turned the corner this afternoon. After a VERY rough start this morning that sent me right back to bed shortly after my FIRST attempt at starting the day, I seem to have finally gotten over the hump and actually feel somewhat, semi human tonight! Not great. My throat is STILL hurting. And there's the headache. And I'm quite tired as well. But I was able to take a whole shower today AND dry my hair all in one pass. That is a HUGE improvement over the rest of this week! I even managed to get fresh sheets on our bed and a LOT of Lysol coverage accomplished in our house! I'm exhausted tonight...but feeling....okay. Unfortunately...our Ben is NOT feeling okay. He went to bed MISERABLE with a sore throat. And chills. And body aches. And a fever of nearly 103. Awesome. It would seem as though he has picked up my disease. How very special. I told Chris...without a doubt...if all of our children are coming down with this....our Spring Break vacation then is OUT OF THE QUESTION!!!! We are supposed to go to San Diego again. But there is NO WAY I am taking three cranky, feverish children to the beach and trying to share a whopping 30 foot tin can with them while they hack and cough and cry and complain. NO THANK YOU!!!! We can all just stay home and die and be miserable in the comforts of home. I know the kids will be disappointed for sure if that's the way it shakes out. But the beach is ONLY fun if everyone is HEALTHY and happy when you go!!! Hopefully, our Ben will rest it all off tomorrow and feel just peachy by Saturday. But somehow....I doubt it. He was PRETTY miserable tonight. And it was a kind of misery that stoked an instant pang of recognition in me and rang only too accurately of this latest bout of mine! Here's hoping. But I think the Roberts will be spending Spring Break at home in the bed!!!! Pray mightily for us. This is bad stuff floating about our house! I am praying and hoping for the best...but truly expecting the worst!

No comments: