Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bad Decision

Going to Clara's play tonight was a bad, bad idea. It was entirely too ambitious considering my state and lack of sleep over the past two days. My fever and chills kicked in about 20 minutes into the performance. By that time I had been sitting there for nearly an hour as we had to get there early in order to get a decent seat. The last 20 minutes were unbelievably long. All in all...for a school play it was a very reasonable 40 minutes long. It just felt so much longer due to my state of illness. The first hour and a half I was home after the play was miserable. My throat was hurting so badly. I was nauseaus. Horribly. And freezing again from the chills. I did my pathetic salt water gargle...or the best impression of it that I could manage considering I was trying not to vomit. Then tried hot tea to soothe it...but that only added to the nausea. All in all it was quite a setback and I felt like I lost a lot of ground. So now it's back to bed for me...this time with a whole new knowledge and appreciation of what my current limitations are. This flu is miserable, miserable business. But at least Chris is home now. Of course...he's terrified of getting it! No doubt about that and I can totally see it in his eyes. But at least he is here to help get the kids out the door to school. That in and of itself is a huge relief. That expediture of energy in and of itself has nearly killed me each day. Off to try to sleep now. Flu sucks.

No comments: