Thursday, April 26, 2007

Heading Out!

Today we picked up our brand spanking new pop up camper! A 2007 Fleetwood Sea Pine model pop up. Sounds pretty fancy...but it's pretty doggone basic! It's got a couple of beds...a table...a little cook stove that is amazingly similar to my little Coleman camp stove...a tiny little sink....oh...and heat. That's it. No A/C...we don't need any of that nonsense...but heat can never be too highly valued! Oh...and no potty! But our little tent potty fits in the storage place just perfectly...so hooray! We are off on our maiden voyage tomorrow! We spent the afternoon at the RV place learning all the ins and outs of the "adventuremobile"...and the rest of the evening loading up all the goodies we need inside of it. We are SO excited. We love to camp and get away and just enjoy all of God's nature and beauty. It is always a good time for our family and we come back rested and rejuvenated and ready to face the world again...which is a good thing as we are just feeling a bit overwhelmed by the world right now. I can't ever remember stress levels running so high as they do right now. We are SO overscheduled...with no end in sight and no way to really drop anything. Believe me...if we could...we would Thus is the speed of life! Anyway...tomorrow we are off to camping land...hooray. So tonight I will be stepping up my snake prayer for sure! Along with my bear and my skunk prayer! Those go something like this..."Lord...this is a whole great big world you made here. Please let the bears and snakes and skunks have the run of it for the weekend...except for the little tiny part of the world that I will be in with my family. Please make that little corner snake, bear and skunk free.....amen." It might sound simple and maybe even ridiculous....but God is good and I know He won't let me down!

So...here's a HILARIOUS note! As I am sitting here at my desk blogging this...Chris is sitting an arm's throw away from me working on his work...and he says to me..."Are you wearing perfume? It's very sexy smelling." I am nearly falling off my chair laughing as I have to tell him it's the new air freshener airwick thing that I bought after being so inspired by the lovely smells of my friend Mandy's house! Ha ha! Too funny! Who needs perfume when you can just put a little squirt of Airwick behind your ears and on your wrist! I had to tell him not to be getting any ideas from that air freshener! I'm tired tonight and I'm heading to bed...to sleep! I might have to rethink that particular air freshener scent in the future! It could be problematic for me otherwise!

Anyway....we are all updated here..at least for now! More to come on Sunday when we return...hopefully with a few pictures to capture the moments of our weekend!

No comments: