Sunday, April 29, 2007

First Swim



Well....it's the end of April...and I am no longer able to convince my children that it is still too cool to swim. So I gave in this evening and told them "Sure you can go swimming." And while they are running off to find their suits I am thinking that ever so quickly I am going to look like the way, way wise mommy who did, after all, try to tell them for weeks now that it's still too cool to swim. Well...they came back in record time...all ready to dive right in. However...reality hit...and it took a good 10 or 15 minutes for them to even ease into the water. That's when I started the countdown...and sure enough...just under 20 minutes later they were frozen little popsicle kiddos and were begging for warm towels and showers. It was lovely to see them convinced that maybe....just maybe the water really is just a tad too cool still for swimming! Anyway...it was fun to watch them fight the shivers and try to conquer their need to swim right now! I think they will be content a week or two now before swiimming again....maybe?!

No comments: