Saturday, March 15, 2008

Weekend Warriors!

This weekend has already been SO busy for us and it has STILL got one more day to go! We kicked off the weekend excitement with a great big dump truck full of rocks for the front yard! Hooray! Nothing like 8 tons of rock sitting on your sidewalk waiting to be moved! We all got busy with our shovels and wheelbarrows and buckets and got to hauling! Chris' mom even came and helped out! Then she ordered pizza to bribe the kids to help out! It worked! They hung in there and helped us out and we go the job done last night. Granted...we finished in total darkness...but we finished! Then Saturday morning dawned bright and early and we started the task of installing cabinets over my washer and dryer. We have not had such luxury. All this time we have just had a really, really, REALLY ugly shelf over the washer and dryer. YUCK! But now there are pretty wood cabinets in there and I almost...ALMOST just want to hang out in there all day and do laundry! In addition to the cabinets, we also had to clean out our camper and remove all of our belongings from it as our new one has shipped out and is ON THE WAY!!! That's right...I said our "new" one. We just bought a 30 foot 5th wheel! This one was really cool to buy because we got to customize it exactly the way we want it...all the features we wanted, the floor plan, the colors...all of it! Chris is SO excited and we cannot wait for our first weekend getaway! But back to the weekend! We got that all cleaned out and emptied and dropped off at the R.V. place. In addition to all of this going on Clara had a birthday party down at Funtastiks. My friend Mary and I tag teamed the carpooling and supervision of our girls. I took the first shift there with them, and then Mary met me halfway through. At that point I flew home, threw on something nice and headed out to a funeral. Angelica went with me. It was a sad, but joyful remembrance of a man who will be so dearly missed by his friends and family. The circumstances of that loss have been extremely thought provoking for me and has really changed the way I look at some things. I have so appreciated my husband this past week and what he means to me. I have treasured and cherished him just a bit more this week. And I have told him that I love him more times than I can count. I can't imagine what Kristen is feeling tonight following the memorial service for her beloved husband. I only know that his death has touched more lives in more ways than she could ever imagine. After the memorial service, I had a very messy house to get cleaned, and a laundry room to put back into order and into my new cabinets. By the tme all of that was conquered it was late in the day and I sit here pecking out this blog in the last few moments before sleep claims me! Tomorrow we will go to church. Unless it is raining. If it is dismal and raining, we will stay in and drink hot tea and conquer our last project of the weekend...stripping the wallpaper border in Ben's room. I have stripped half of it already...but there is still one half the room to go. So I want to finish that task once and for all and get the massive pile of ironing that I have all done. And before we know it, Monday will be upon us! I am glad that we get to relax a tiny bit on Monday. I do have a picture appointment...but that's about it! No school rush. No mad dashes anywhere. Just hanging out and chilling a bit! Just a bit of down time before we hit the road to Montana! Well, this warrior is exhausted. I need sleep! Till later!

1 comment:

mandy said...

i know you must have taken pics of your kids for easter...we want to see!!