Saturday, May 02, 2009

The Pace of Life

HOW did my life get to be SO busy?! And no matter how I try to UNbusy it...it just gets busier and busier. Maybe it's just the spring? So many activities drawing to their grand finales? May holds way too many things for my poor calendar to juggle! Ben's Odyssey team is preparing to go to World Finals on May 27th in Ames, Iowa. There are still two fund raisers I have to be a part of. One is a student store and the other is Spring Fling. Plus the extra practices to juggloe as their big competition day approaches.I have two full days of shooting pictures for the Ballet Studio. Then a frantic period of processing to get those done and delivered in a matter of days. Then there's the big ballet recital. With the fast approaching event just around the corner, it seems like there are a GAZILLION extra dance practices. That's especially fun since Clara is in THREE classes. Her recital this year will involve 4 different costumes and I hear a rumor that her performances will span not just one, but BOTH acts of the show. May 16th is gonna be a LONG day for sure!!! In addition, I have a calendar that is crazy full of regular picture appointments. I do not know WHERE they are coming from. Every time I think I might be looking at a photography free week, no sooner do I blink and my calendar is full of green appointments (my calendar is color coded and green is the color assigned to photo work). It also happens to be dentist appointment time for all the kids and myself. Fun stuff!

Before I can take off for the land of corn with Benjamin, I have to have Clarabelle fully packed for camp...her first sleep away, gone from home alone, camp! It's really a mini camp. She leaves on the 31st and comes back on June 3rd. Chris gets the fun of taking and dropping her off. I fly back from Iowa that night, then Chris flies out the very next morning for his own conference. We will be like two ships passing in the night! I wish I could say that it unusual for us...but alas...we are no strangers to hectic travel schedules.

What else is going on? School is wrapping up. There are lots of final projects as we head into these last three weeks. I'm trying not to fret about the grades I see. Max assures me he "has it under control". Hmmmm. We'll see about that. It's gonna suck if he has to stay behind and do summer school while the rest of us are playing on the beaches of San Diego!

Speaking of San Diego...I'm getting ready to shut business down for the summer. This month is packed and is nearly scheduled out. I have just about every bit of free time I have committed somewhere for this month. I need June for myself, to tie up loose ends and get the kids ready to go back to school. June has it's own set of busyness. Clara is going to art camp, and to Vacation Bible School too. Both boys are going away to camp for a full week (no mini camp for them!). They don't get home until the last 3 days of June. We are supposed to be in San Diego for the whole month of July. Then will only be home a week or so before school starts back up again. And so...it only makes sense to shut it down for just a bit so I can get all caught up on some stuff! I'll get the newborns in, if they get here before July 1! But after that...it's all bets off! I am definitely ready for a break. Sometimes I think this business of mine is growing a little faster than I can keep a handle on! I am looking forward to a few weeks with NO photo appointments on my calendar...NO orders to process....NOTHING but play time on my calendar! Woo hoo!

Life is just crazy around here. I catch myself fantasizing about having a whole day with NOTHING to do. Sounds crazy, but true! I guess that's just the speed of life right about now. Honestly...if I wasn't running around half crazy, I wouldn't recognize this life as my own! Wouldn't even know what to do. LIke I said...a day with nothing to do is PURE FANTASY right now. But hey...a girl can dream, right?!

No comments: