Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wrapping up....

Today we wrapped up the school year. As of 3:15 this afternoon school was OUT and the children are now all home for the summer. Hmmm. I tried all day to get excited about having them around day in and day out. To look forward to sleepy, lazier mornings without the rush and running of trying to get everyone ready for school. I tried to get excited about not having to pack lunches for 10 weeks, about not having to make a last minute, bedtime run to the grocery for juice boxes or lunch meat. I tried to get excited about not having to monitor homework and projects. It almost worked. Then they all got home. And within minutes it was like World War 3 in this house. Everyone fussing and fighting and tattling. I was none too happy about it and by 5:30 this afternoon they were exactly ONE more warning away from baths and a CRAZY early bedtime. Yes...a certain cloud of dread has completely cleared out any and all hope of "excitement" over having them all home for the summer.

In addition to wrapping up school, I made GREAT leaps and bounds as far as getting orders processed and fulfilled business wise. I am TWO order placements and ONE photo session away from DONE!!! For the summer anyway. And am totally excited about that break a coming!

And finally....the BIGGEST thing I am hoping to wrap up are my allergies. This has been, hands down, the WORST season ever for my allergies. I don't even begin to know what to make of them at this point. It has been a solid MONTh of dripping noses...alternating between totally stopped up and clogged noses. Grrrr. I haven't slept through the night in a month now because I keep waking up unable to breathe! And the beathing challenges are so much more significant at night for me. Don't seem to be too bad a challenge in the light of day...but at night...MISERY!!! Tonight I headed to Walgreens for some new arsenal...something I HAVEN'T tried yet. And I have tried a LOT!!!! I am hoping beyond hope that this new stuff will be instrumental in kicking this allergy situation to the curb. If not...it's gonna be pretty miserable getting on that airplane next week! They are pretty fired up and angry tonight...the allergies. I had lunch outside today on the patio at Pei Wei with a friend. It was a delightful lunch and I hoped it would be okay because it was raining and knocking all that yucky pollen down. Then I stood out in the yard for a bit and chatted with our neighbors. And now tonight as I sit here, I am wheezing again and I cough every time I try to breathe in a breath. I am pretty sure that tonight is NOT going to be the night I sleep through. An hour after taking the meds, I am not breathing clearly through my nose. And the asthmatic wheeze is lovely. We are definitely NOT talking a restful situation here tonight. Oh well. I am SO hopeful that the rains we had today will go a ways in helping to put an end to the allergy train. Before I become a total train wreck myself. Yes...it's definitely time to wrap this up!

No comments: