Saturday, May 23, 2009

Princess Smackdown!




Notice Clara's pretty new smile? That's the result of a little princess playdate smackdown action! She had a run in with a playmate...LITERALLY! Her mouth met her friend's little forehead and when the dust settled, Clara came up holding her first front tooth! It's funny, because it would never have surprised me for a minute if one of my boys had lost a tooth that way! But I never imagined my Clarabelle would be head banging it! There was MUCH panic and drama. Her, because she rather violently and surprisingly had her tooth knocked out...me because I was so worried about her bleeding on my friend's pretty white carpet. Her little friend because it's no fun to run into someone's teeth! There was mass chaos for a few minutes. But once everyone calmed down just a bit, all was well. And Clara was ecstatic to be holding her pearly white tooth in the ziploc baggy and was getting more excited by the minute over a visit from the tooth fairy! On the way out, Clara was actually thanking her little friend for knocking her tooth out! From the smackdown we headed off to the grocery store to pick up some goodies for our small group meeting. Then we ran by home for just a few minutes to wait for Daddy to come and join us. In that few minutes we were home Clara kept saying how much her other front tooth was bothering her. When I checked it, it was REALLY loose. Both teeth were wiggly before this day...I should mention that. Not THAT wiggly...like they would not have fallen out that day kind of wiggly. But they were obviously wiggly. Well, I was worried that the remaining tooth was so loose that she might swallow it. So after debating a few minutes, Clara bravely said "Just pull it!" And so I barely touched it and it too fell out. Clara was over the moon at that point knowing that it would be double haul from the tooth fairy. She was crazy excited and ready to go to bed! And that's how my baby girl got her new smile! It's so classically six! She looks so sweet. I imagine I will grow quite tired of it and miss her pretty teeth. I seem to remember it taking FOREVER for Ben's to come back in when he lost his. I even had the dentist x-ray them to make sure he actually had teeth there TO come in (and he did, by the way). But I do remember him missing his front teeth for an extraordinarily long time! We'll see how long Miss Clara is toothless! But long or short...today she is adorable!

No comments: