Wednesday, December 05, 2007

G is for...

Golf Course. I had the very great priviledge last night of photographing a family at this totally awesome and beautiful golf course way, way, way on the other side of town. It was awesome beyond words. VERY green. Almost made me want to take up golf! I did pick out a lovely home while I was out there. Just a little abode on the hill top. Nothing a couple or three million dollars wouldn't buy! Had views of practically the whole world! AMAZING! I'm thinking I'm going to have to take some pretty spectacular pictures in my lifetime to be able to even dream about one of those houses! Anyway. Delightful evening...delightful family. They have a three year old that I just adore. She is such a little firecracker. The sweetest thing you'll ever meet. She talks a blue streak at you. Her personality has really started to shine here lately. I should rephrase that. I am certain that child has been busting with personality since day one! But she has just recently started sharing it with me! She did so fantastic (and three year olds are TOTAL wildcards...by the way. You NEVER know what they will do or how they will react.) She was charming, and sweet and cooperative. She was really working the camera for a short spell. I could take pictures of her all day long, she's just so cute and pretty. However, this child would have none of that. She gives me a very definite limit on the number of pictures that I can take and then informs me that I am all done. Yesterday was no different. She let me know more that once that we were "all done"..."I think that's enough for now" she tells me...and then she ushers us all back into the golf cart for more adventures. She was such fun to work with. The whole family was. I love their pictures. Not all of them. But a good several. I reexamined them this morning...and I still really like them. I always go back and look the next day. You get a lot of fresh new perspective that way...can see things differently after a good night's sleep and a break from staring at the images until they are burned on your eyeballs! I don't know if they will love them...but I sure do love several of them. Too many, actually. I know that it was a great night for me. A fun family, an awesome place to shoot, and a whole new experience for me. I rather liked it. A fantastic end to a fantastic day!

No comments: