Monday, December 10, 2007

They All Ate It!

My whole family ate this dish tonight. That's a pretty major miracle in our house! So I thought that I would share this great miracle recipe with all of you!

Penne Pasta with Spinach and Feta

1-8 oz. package penne pasta
5 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2 cups fresh spinach
4 green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons dired or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
2 teaspoons dried or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1- 6 oz package basil and tomato crumbled feta cheese
OPTIONAL: 1 lb cooked and crumbled bacon, 1 cooked rotisserie chicken, grilled chicken breasts or chopped ham

Cook the pasta in a large dutch oven. Drain and return to dutch oven. Stir in tomatoes and the rest of the ingredients. Cook 2 minutes over medium heat or until thoroughly heated. Top with cheese. Serve immediately.

Chris likes a little meat with his dinner...so I started adding in the bacon or rotisserie chicken. I couldn't believe all kids ate this dish...liked it...asked for seconds! I figure it's worth sharing! Oh...and it's fairly heart healthy too...just for the record in case anyone else in the world is watching their cholesterol intake! Enjoy!

2 comments:

danny ewy said...

Sounds so yummy! I will try it and let you know what we think.

Mary Jones said...

mmmm... sounds good. You know me I am always game for a new recipe and if my littlest will eat it ... all the better. Thanks for sharing.