Friday, April 29, 2005

Weekend Blues

This week has flown by. It has been in a busy week....more going on than usual for us. Also, Chris got back into town from France Sunday night and so we spent all week trying to catch up on the weekend that we missed together. Getting the new treadmill took 3 days really. One evening to go and look and pick it out, the next to assemble it after we picked it up and got it home, and the third evening to get all the wires all hidden and things all professional looking. Also, on Thursday night we had an invitation for a get together with some of Chris' coworkers. They are a super nice bunch of people and we had a really fantastic time with everyone. And so we blinked and it is Friday...which is usually Happy Day at our house, only not so much so today. Chris had to fly to Vancouver this weekend for a conference for work and won't be back until Monday night. So the kids and I are on our own for the weekend. It's not so bad I guess. We actually have several things to do this weekend so we won't be too terribly bored I suppose. Still, we miss seeing Chris a good bit. Tomorrow we are going to the park for a picnic with a couple of ladies that Chris works with. They both have children right around Clara's age. And Heather and Shauna are super nice people whom I have enjoyed getting to know...so that will be lots of fun. That is the only thing happening on Saturday. Then on Sunday, we are going to church and Sunday School in the morning and then Ben has a birthday party invitation for a pool party Sunday afternoon. Jackie is going to watch the other two rugrats while I go with Ben. That will last until after 4. Then we have to get it together and get everything that we need together for school on Monday and dinner and baths and what not. And before we know it we will be awaking to Monday and will hit the floor running for another exciting week. Next weekend, Chris' brother Todd will be visiting with Jackie from California. he usually tries to get home every Mother's Day....which by the way reminds me that I need to get cards in the mail for Cindy and my mom by Monday or Tuesday. I am excited about seeing Todd, but it will be another weekend that I either don't have or have to share Chris. I hate that. I am feeling PRETTY selfish with the hubby right now. Oh well. We shall make it and before we know it we will probably be sitting around staring at each other and wondering what we were thinking being all wishy washy about missing each other! Life is good here. I ran my first 4 miles on the treadmill this morning. It felt good. Though I did not sleep well AT ALL last night. I think I woke up about a hundred times. I think I might just have been really excited about my first treadmill workout and the plans that I made after that workout that I just didn't sleep. Needless to say...I was EXHAUSTED today and did not think that my coffee was EVER going to kick in this morning. It FINALLY did. After the 3rd cup! I laid down with Clara for a few short minutes this afternoon and got a bit of a second wind this evening. Though as I sit here I can feel myself winding down. And so...I am going to scoop up my little princess and throw her in the bed and head that way myself. Life is good in the desert. In the words of Martha Stewart...it's a good thing!

No comments: