Sunday, May 01, 2005

Whew!

That's about how I feel at the end of this day at the end of this weekend. It ended up being SO busy and fast paced. I am WIPED out! My feet even hurt tonight. We headed to church this morning. Sunday School went really well. I had several nice folks to talk to and enjoyed it a lot. Then Jackie met me there and we went to the worship service. It was okay...but I got paged to the nursery to get Clara in the middle. When I got there she had been crying and was all upset and couldn't seem to calm down. I took her into church with me and she fell asleep in my arms and slept through the service and all the way home and all the way to Jackie's and even slept a few minutes after we got to Jackie's house. I left her and Max there while I took Ben to a birthday party. It was TOTAL chaos! 20 kids turned out for a pool party. IT was crazy. I was SO tired and SO ready to leave when it was over! When I got back to Jackie's I found that Clara had wet her pants 3 times! She also wet them right before we left for church this morning. So I spent the rest of the day with her making sure she sat on the potty every 30 minutes to reinforce the no accident mantra. She seemed tired and went to bed quite easily. The boys...not so easily. Honestly...those two cannot follow simple directions to save their lives. Ben is fairly decent about following through on things...but Max...God love his soul...he can't remember ANYTHING for more than a few seconds. You send him to do something and then 15 minutes later he comes back...but he didn't do what you sent him to do. He doesn't even remember what it was you asked him to do in the first place. I have a saying with him. IMMEDIATE OBEDIENCE! It is the only way he can get things done. If he thinks to himself, "I'll do that in a few minutes.", then it NEVER happens because he has about a one minute retention for instructions. He is a procrastinator to top it off. And on the off chance that he actually does begin the task you gave him...he RARELY completes it. He somehow manages to get off task halfway through and never comes back to it. He just forgets what he was doing. So when he picks up his laundry...he usually gets distracted halfway through so that he may take downstairs his shirt and shorts...but not his socks. Or if I put his things in a pile for him to take upstairs...he may pick up the gameboy and the hat, but not the Spiderman car or the bouncy ball. And he could easily carry all of it...so that is not the issue if that is what you were thinking. No. He simply forgets what the task is halfway through. Is it making me crazy????? ABSOLUTELY!!!! Anyway. Tomorrow is a new day in a new week...so wish me luck! Chris will be home tomorrow night. Hooray! Oh...church was a good thing today. It felt like going home. I guess that really is where we belong after all. Life is good...albeit exhausting...in the desert!

No comments: