Thursday, May 26, 2005

Tummy Troubles!

Our whole family is recovering (albeit very slowly) from a nasty case of food poisoning. It was, I can honestly say, one of the worst experiences of my life...and I think that I prefer unmedicated childbirth to food poisoning any day. I was sure that I was going to die during both instances...however...at least when you get through childbirth you have something to show for it! Granted...the scale was showing 5 pounds lighter...but having Ben was an immediate 6 lbs, 15 oz. weight loss as well. I don't plan to do either ever again...but if I had to choose, I think I'm taking the childbirth...it was shorter too at only 9 hours! We are now at the 48 hour mark with the food poisoning, and though I am moving under my own steam and able to be a little bit productive as far as picking up the house and catching up on the laundry...I am feeling far from well. My stomach is still crampy and food has no appeal whatsoever. Poor Ben looks like a truck ran over him. Of all of us, I think he might have had the worst case. He was in pretty bad shape for most of the day yesterday. But he's a trooper and got up and went to school today....the last day of school. Which is more than I could have done I think. Then he went to evaluate for the swim team and swam like a trooper. He's just been laying around since we got home this afternoon...I can't really blame him. And I noticed that he hardly touched his lunch today. It was a rough ride for all of us...but especially so for him. Poor baby.

Other than trying to recover from our near death experience, not much is going on in our house. Today was the last day of school. I have very bittersweet feelings about that. I rather liked them being there and the routine that comes along with the school year. Routine is a good thing for me. So, I signed the boys up for the summer swim team with SwimTucson. They start May 31st at 8:20 a.m. This is a great thing for us. It will get us up and out of the house early...it's important to do everything early here in the desert! From the pool, we will head on down the road to the gym for my morning workout! We should wrap it all up and be home by 11:15 each day for lunch and afternoon reading (a MUST for my crew in the summer!) and swimming if anyone is up for it. The afternoons really cool down to nice and tolerable by 5 or so, so the evenings here are delightful. It also leaves the afternoons free for get-togethers with friends if all of our errands and exercises are taken care of first thing in the morning. I know the boys will miss their friends a bunch, but they exchanged phone numbers with several friends and hopefully we will make lots of playdates until August.

Tomorrow is our first official day of summer! No real big plans. Just trying to recover! Ben has a birthday party to attend tomorrow afternoon. It is at a cool bowling place called Bedroxx. I like going there and the kids are crazy about it. I hope to go to the gym in the morning if this darned tummy will let up a little bit. I'm still all crampy and sore and last night I did not sleep well. But tomorrow is a new day and I am hoping for the best...to have everyone back on their feet and ready for a fun filled weekend! Wish us luck! Life has been better in the desert for sure! But life is bound to look up!

No comments: