Monday, May 09, 2005

Thank Goodness for Monday!

I am not usually a great lover of Mondays...with everyone having to jump back into routine and schedules and laundry and school and laundry and what not. However. I have to tell you that I greeted this Monday with open arms and spent hours over the weekend just willing it here. Clara was quite sick last week and through the weekend. It seemed for a while there that she would never turn the corner. We ended up in the E.R. on Friday night again...bless her heart...we thought she was never going to kick this thing. I had started to wonder if it could get any worse and then when I declared that it could not...it did. See, Clara started feeling better Saturday...not much, but some. And so we got out with her to run a couple of VERY short and low impact errands. When we returned her library books, she wanted to help to drop them in the hole. So I got her out of the car and let her help. Big mistake! On the way back to the car, she tripped and fell on the sidewalk, smashing her forehead on the concrete and split her head open. Nice little gash...front and center. I thought that it needed a stitch, but Chris thought not. I still think it did/does. But being as we had already had 2 trips of the emergency nature this week involving her, I hated to take her in again. I mean...enough already. So we bought a skin closure kit at Walgreen's and proceeded to tape her up so to speak and try to close the gap. I am hoping that it worked. Hoping, because I, as of yet, do not know for sure. We have not looked at or bothered it since it happened. We decided to clean it up good, tape it up good, and then let it sit for 24 to 48 hours before messing with it again to give it a chance to close up on it's own. I am SO praying that it worked and that we will not have to have any medical intervention. It would be rough on her.. and quite honestly, rough on me. On the bright side, she seems to be feeling much better today. She is happy and sassy and fever free. She has not required a breathing treatment in 13 hours now and seems most definitely to be on the mend. Praise God for that!

My Mother's Day weekend was nice...well, not the weekend really with all the fever and the new and improved forehead gash...but Sunday was nice. I took Max and Ben to church with me and Chris took Clara to Walmart to do the grocery shopping for us. So that was nice...I HATE grocery shopping. Then, I got everyone fed for lunch and down for a nap...well, just Clara down for a nap, and then Chris and I laid out by the pool while the boys played and swam. That was nice as the day was just gorgeous. Then I came inside and changed into my running clothes and Chris took Clara on an errand while I ran 4 miles on my new treadmill that Chris gave me for Mother's day! Then we put the kids to bed early and started watching a movie...Oceans 12. It was really good, but Chris and I were really pooped and could not stay awake very long. We were in the bed by 10 p.m. and sleeping like logs! Clara was up at 2:30 for a breathing treatment...but has not needed one since! I have to say that I have really never remembered being so glad to see Monday come! Hallelujah! Today has been good. I have gotten all caught up on the laundry...hooray! And got some vaccuuming done as well as the dusting of the downstairs. So all in all...today was good. We even went to the post office and to the library for new books and videos. So once again my friends, life is most definitely good in the desert!

No comments: