Monday, September 24, 2007

Another Week Gone By

I have been 36 for exactly one week now. So far, so good. It's been a busy week, but then...aren't they all?! I already blogged about my Monday last week...my birthday! Tuesday brought pump class, body flow class, orchestra practice for Ben and parent conferences at Painted Sky for both Ben and Clara. The news was all good! No surprises. I have bright kids...they don't always apply themselves (mostly Ben)...but it's all there and they are doing rather well this school year. Wednesday, brought more Orchestra practice for Ben, my first run since I broke my toe, and a trip to the eye doctor for me. As for my run...it was awesome. I managed five miles right out of the chute. No pain in the toe...no problems! Then I headed to the eye doctor for a little check up. Sure enough, my prescription had changed a bit (I suspected that it had!) and so I have new glasses in the works as I type this! There was one little disturbing side note to that visit...the doctor informed me that in the next 3 or 4 years I will probably need BIFOCALS! And I'm like..."Um...excuse me? WHAT did you say?" Followed by immediate thoughts of "We'll just see about that!". So...I think that was like...my first old lady hit. My parents have bifocals...at least my mom does. I think she was pretty old before she got them. I'm quite certain it wasn't when she was in her 30's! Oh well. Aging is such joy. Moving on to Thursday...Thursday is my pump class, immediately followed by my flow class. Then after a super quick shower and lunch it was time to pick up Ben and Clara. They had early release ALL week due to parent conferences. Then...the best part of the week...my new DESK was delivered! HALLELUJAH! I have work space now! I have been using the world's teeniest and most disfunctional desk ever for quite some time. My small flat monitor sat on it, along with my keyboard, a tiny skinny lamp and a picture frame. And the entire surface was covered. No room for a sheet of paper or anything left over. Working at it was quite a challenge. I always ended up having to pull a chair over to me to put papers on...or to drop papers all around me on the floor..or make little balancing stacks on the arm of the couch right behind me. But now...I have a BIG, beautiful computer armoire...so I can close the doors on my creative disaster! And I have PLENTY of workspace and a keyboard at an awesome height now. It's lovlier than I can even tell you! Friday was just Friday. I had a picture appointment. It was early release again...Max had a meet at Los Mesquites and did not get back until 7:30 that night. Ben slept over at a friends house. I ran again...just 4 miles on Friday as my butt was screaming sore and not really appreciating every step I trudged forward! Oh...and I got a call from Northwest hosptal Women's center to come and do a session...so I headed out at 10:15 Friday night to do that. This session was for a 16 year old couple, baby was 31 weeks with Trisomy 18. I'm not sure if baby survived delivery, but she was no longer living when I arrived. The young parents seemed pretty shell shocked. I now have a couple hundred pictures to edit and photoshop and then assemble into a slideshow. So that's a task for this week for sure. Saturday was my Bodyjam class and then Bodyflow (have I mentioned that I just LOVE that Bodyflow class?!!). Then we hit the house hard...me cleaning...Chris with outside projects. It was a VERY productive day for sure! After all of that...we didn't know what to do with ourselves. So we ended up picking up sandwches at Quizno's and heading over to the park for a picnic and playing. The kids just loved it and had a fantastic time. Then we made a quick home depot and target stop and scootled on home. And then...it was Sunday. Sundays are the ONLY day I ever have even the slightest twinge of homesickness for Florida. And it isn't for Florida so much...not the state...not the people...but our church there. Oh, I miss it more than words can say. We have been in the desert now for almost three years and still really feel that element missing in our lives. We found a nice enough church. The people are amazing and so kind and so nice and just altogether awesome. But the preaching is just not doing it for me. Iam looking for something in it that I just don't find here. I want a sermon with strong scriptural backing. I want to know where that scripture came from, who it was written to...what it means. And THEN...I want to know what that means for my own self today. How can I take that information into today with me? I guess what I really want is something to chew on through the week. Not just a general message. Sometimes it seems like pastors here are afraid to really dig deep and get to the meat of the matters in scripture. I just want a sermon that will prick at my brain over the next few days following that sermmon...one that makes me look at my life and my heart and my walk with the Lord and pushes me to get myself back on track. I want to LEARN something I didn't know. See things differently. I don't want to just hear a scripture and someone's general thoughts on it. I still remember sermons from 3 and 4 years ago from Olive...and I have trouble recalling sermons from the past two weeks here...let alone years. I thought we might move along to a little plant church that is starting out this way...but I don't know that that is the answer for us either. I am just going to keep praying about it...but as my friend pointed out...this might be my wilderness time as far as my church and spiritual life is concerned. Maybe so. Maybe not. I visited yet another church yesterday. It sucked. That's all I have to say about that. And so...my Sunday saga will continue I guess. More than ever, yesterday I was missing our church back at home. Oh to have just one more Sunday there! But oh well.

And so ...we are back to Monday again. Back to the grind, back to the schedules, back to the errands...back to life as we know it! Time sure flies when you are so completely overscheduled that you don't know which end is up! Thus is life! On a VERY bright note...our Beth Moore bible study starts this week! 9 ladies this go round! Many of them brand new to our little group. God is so good and has blessed this little study of ours. We are all so excited and ready to dig into the word with Beth! We are doing Believing God this time around! Have a great week!

No comments: