Monday, September 24, 2007

Brain Dead Mondays

I have to tell ya...Mondays are just not really my day! I just can't seem to get my neurons firing quite fast enough to be high functioning on those days! It's just too hard to get back into the crazy swing that we call life after having a weekend of brain chill. And I have to say that this weekend was unusually generous in the area of brain chill! Thus, this particular Monday seemed SO much tougher! I managed okay...for the most part. Got lots of little piddly stuff done. Lots of catch up. Still not in the mood to work on that baby from Friday night...not sure why I just can't get myself fired up on that one...but anyway. Day went fairly okay...until I looked up and it was five minutes past the time I needed to walk out the door to drop off the kids to get to a surprise party for a friend. So we hightailed it on out of here. I dropped off the kids, picked up the husband (whom I had passed in all of his Evil Kinevil glory on the way home)...and headed out to where the party was. Only...where the party was was NOT where I was. It was at the OTHER location, clear across town. Now...I SHOULD have known that. I SHOULD have noticed on the invitation which location it was...but I missed that. And so...here we were at the totally wrong place on the totally wrong side of town. But hey...that's cool. But that was right when and where my total aversion to the other side of town TOTALLY kicked in and I made the split second decision that we simply were NOT going to go any further. Just like that. Chris looked at me...knew immediately that it was wise not to argue...and suggested that we just make it a date instead. So after some debate...we decided to head over to La Encantada and eat at Blanco, about which we have heard SO much. So that's what we did. My thoughts on Blanco? It's loud...the food is just so so...their outfits are just stupid that they wear...did I mention that it was LOUD?!!! All in all...I can't say that I recommend the place. I have no desire to go back...ever. I'm just going to wait till Mary gets back and then we're going to Mi Nidito. And I mean...LOTS! October is SUCH a nice month for coming back, no?! Anyway...nice night with hubby...even though it was totally not what it started out to be. Back home. As I tuck kids into bed Max produces one very, VERY gross set of p.e. uniform....I think it's been two weeks since it was washed since he kept on forgetting to bring it home! And so now...I get to stay up extra late tonight doing laundry so that he can have his uniform clean for class tomorrow. I think that sums up my Monday. Tuesday is a new and better day...I hope!

No comments: