Friday, September 14, 2007

Faking Fall


I played with a new fall set in my studio tonight. Clara was very cooperative and so sweet to help me out a bit. I DO so love that girl of mine! While I was out Thursday, I gathered up hay bales and pumpkins and sunflowers and lots of fall leaves. (Note to self...those hay bales are MESSSSSSSYYYYY!) Not that you'd find fall leaves around here! Anyway. I put together a nice little fall set. Or I liked it at least! And my favorite part? The leaves. I basically created a connecticut or vermont feel with my leaves...I just HAD to bring in some fall. I think these 103 degree days are getting to me and I am now urging fall to arrive! And there is no real "fall" here. The leaves don't change colors. Hardly anything even has leaves! And there is no real drastic drop in temperature...though I am fully aware that it WILL indeed cool off here soon! So I just created fall for myself in there tonight...and I have to say...I liked it! Isn't that girl of mine just the cutest thing ever?!

1 comment:

Mary Jones said...

She is adorable and oh so patient. You are blessed mommy! As for fall, it is a wonderful season. With the falling leaves, there is the hope for a new beginning in the spring! But with first must come the peaceful slumber of winter. We miss some of that in Tucson and yet your "magic" photography manages to bring it back to those of us who miss it. You are a creative genious my friend!