Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Early Mornings!

I cannot, for the life of me, seem to be able to sleep until 6 a.m. I have for the longest time been a 6:30, 6:45 gal. However...here lately...I am restless as can be and up by 5:45. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?!!! I suppose it's the whole getting lighter earlier thing maybe. That's all fine and good. Only the last two days I have really found myself in desperate need of a good few moments of silence in the afternoons...you know...the kind where you are silent with your eyes closed...and in the horizontal position! NOT convenient or usually possible with the schedule I keep! Luckily enough summer is only another couple of days away and I can nap in the days if needed to keep up with this early bird alarm clock that I cannot seem to keep from going off! I guess there's lots on my mind too. Making sure I have all my kids where I need them and when and who is going home with who or coming home with me, and all of these extra recitals and performances and open houses...not to mention other mundane tasks like keeping in my head a running grocery list, etc! PLUS, there's the small fact that we leave in 4 days for our BIG camping trip of the year and I haven't given even the first thought to packing anything for it! Chris and I are both in need of some SERIOUS R&R these days. Chris keeps saying over and over he can't wait to get away for a good stretch. Lots of mental overhead at work these days. I think our kids are ready for a nice getaway as well. The school year has been pretty good and exciting here for the most part. Max has had a definite rough run here at the end with all of the bully stuff going on and the whole attempted stabbing incident, so I KNOW he will be ready for a break and getaway. Anyway...it is all of 6:11 a.m. now. Coffee is made! Blog is done! And the hospital just called with a Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep request that I will have to try to squeeze in here this busy morning! And she' OFF!

No comments: