Wednesday, May 21, 2008

TONYA'S DAY!









Today was officially Tonya's Day! Officially because I actually put it on my calendar. In HUGE letters...Tonya's Day! Now...you might ask "What exactly IS Tonya's Day?" Well that was a surprise even to me! I kicked around several ideas. All I knew was that I had the entire day totally unscheduled and all for ME! No housecleaning...no menial everyday tasks. Something special for me. And so this morning I began Tonyas Day by being at Target promptly at 8:00 a.m. and successfully purchased the Wii Fit! Hooray! I was SO excited to get that. NOt QUITE so excited when it told me my Wii Fit age is 54 and that I am borderline fat...but hey...goals are a good thing I suppose! Then I had to make a VERY quick stop at UMC for a NILMDTS session. Then Jackie and I headed out to the Desert Museum. This is one of my very favorite places to hang out with my camera. Every time I go there I feel rushed and NEVER feel like I have nearly enough time! My camera is SO so so so happy there. We had a blast seeing all the sights of the desert and trying our best to capture what we could! Then we were starving because by the time we pulled ourselves away it was already 1:30. We hightailed it to In and Out Burger and it was awesome! YUMMY!!!!! Then from there we had to hurry hurry home in order to pick up the kids from school. When I got home my jewelry samples had arrived and I was VERY excited about that! The pieces were SO much fun and so beautiful! I love this new company and they are SO affordable too! So that was great news! Ben and Clara's friends came home from school with them and played for a bit and then Chris came home and we all played with the wii. I discovered that I don't ski any better on the wii than i do on the real thing! It's just not meant to be! We had a lovely dinner and then watched LOST. Now it's bedtime and I am rather pooped tonight! But I wanted to share just a few images from today! A handful of my favorites!

1 comment:

mandy said...

i am glad you had such a great day to yourself and thank you for so kindly offering some of it to me. i am glad you were able to have some "me" time!

are you packed and ready for your big trip??