Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Backyard Beauty

As exciting and fun as vacation was...I was SOOO excited to realize that we made it home at EXACTLY the right time for me to photograph our night blooming cereus cactus in the backyard!!! It is exploding with blooms this year and I am thrilled that we arrived home in time to see it all happen! I have always photographed these in the morning (because that's when I discovered them!)...but I actually caught this one as it opened in the dark of night! Cool huh?! A bit challenging really...shooting in the darkness and not really being able to see what your camera is aimed at. But I think I did okay with these. And I love the effect of the light on the petals with total darkness as the backdrop. Very, very cool! Enjoy this batch! I know I did! The best news still? There are even more of these blooming tonight! Can't wait to see what comes of the next batch!



No comments: