Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday

Well, it's yet another week here in Summer 2008. Summer vacation just seems to be flying by for us this year. I cannot believe today is the last day of June! Yikes! Only 38 days until school is back in session! WOW! Okay...so back to Monday. So far it is off to a good start! I made it in to the gym for Bodystep this morning. That's always a fun class. We were a few minutes late but still made it in before class started. I keep forgetting that poor Clara needs some extra help right now. She can't buckle her sandals and she can't dress herself with the sling on. And I can take the sling off...but then she can't put it back on. Lot's of little things that I am used to her being able to do by herself made for us running just a bit behind this morning. But in the end, we made it! Bodystep was good and bad. Good in that I got to grab my far edge spot and not feel like I had someone on top of me (darn those space issues of mine!), and bad because a few minutes into the class Captain Morgan set up her bench directly in my line of sight to the front. Now...this lady has a name and it is certainly NOT Cap'n Morgan. I just call her Captain Morgan because she always comes in late, with a diet coke in her hand, and is so spastic that I am always wondering if it's straight diet coke she's drinking and suspecting it is heavily spiked with some Captain Morgan's Rum. To say that she is "distracting" is the understatement of the year! She is NEVER on the right foot. When the whole class is facing the left, she is SURE to be facing the right. She is, hands down, one of the most uncoordinated people I have ever witnessed. And quite frankly, I'm amazed she'd take on a step class...with such major coordination issues. It forces me to concentrate extra hard when she is afoot and anywhere at all in my line of sight because mostly, if I watch her, then I am screwed because she's always on the wrong foot and facing the wrong direction and because I always just want to bust out laughing. So, in addition to getting a good sweat on this morning, my brain got a good workout as well! Now Clara and I are home. I am going to grab a quick shower, then head out to the library and the grocery store. Then later this afternoon Miss Clara has an appointment with the pediatric orthopedist to have her arm set and casted. Then tonight we are off to dinner with some friends. All in all it is a good and busy Monday! After dinner tonight I am hoping Chris will have enough energy to work on my website. I have lots of fantastic new stuff I want to get on there and I need his expertise! TTFN!

No comments: