Monday, June 02, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

We are BACK in Tucson! Exactly one day ahead of schedule! This almost always happens. We schedule ourselves for a solid 10 days or so on the road...but then the closer to the end of the trip, the better home starts to look toward us and we usually pull up stakes and head on that way at least 24 hours ahead of schedule! Aiding the decision this time was the fact that some bug nibbled on me during our three days in Zion and I seem to have had quite an adverse reaction to it. Now...lest you think I am overreacting to a simple mosquito bite, you should know that I have, at last count, no less than 14 bites on my neck and scalp. Yep! All in my hair, behind my ears, up my neck. SOMETHING made a real feast of me. And I have huge welps there as evidence...big ITCHY welps...and some really, really, REALLY uncomfortable swelling along my right ear. So uncomfortable that it finally hurts to lay down or have anything touch it in any way that increases any pressure on it. That said, I headed straight to the doctor when we hit town this afternoon. Initial diagnosis was leaning toward shingles...but it is NOT on just one side of my body. My bug friend was quite symmetric and nibbled me very thoroughly ALL OVER my head and neck. And so now it appears I might have been a midnight snack for something called a Kissing Bug? Ever heard of it? Well, I haven't. Anyway. We are back home tonight, on steroids and something else that is supposed to knock me out...but alas...here I am NOT knocked out. Oh well. Wonderful, gorgeous and amazing flowers blooming TONIGHT in my yard! How awesome is that?! Those pics and of course, vacation pics too to come! Stay tuned!

No comments: