Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Interesting

So...when you log onto something like Facebook or Blogger in a spanish speaking country, all of the prompts and words come up in that spanish language. Very interesting and just something...you know...FYI!

The last two days have been very interesting. I spent much of the day today laying around the pool here at the hotel and chasing iguanas with my camera. I have become QUITE an iguana hunter and am MUCH more able to spot and find them now than when i first arrived! The latter part of the afternoon brought on a fairly serious sinus headache episode. As I sit here listening to the thunder and seeing the lightening flash across our hotel room, I realize now what that was all about! I am feeling much better tonight.

Tonights activity involved loading up on a stange bus thing where all the passengers were in a sort of cage thing. There was a door seperating the passengers from the front of the bus and the driver. We were bused to a very exclusive resort about 20 minutes away. Apparently it overlooks the ocean from high atop a cliff...but one would never know it as it was too dark to see anything! But needless to say..it was a lovely party they put together for us. Dinner was exquisite. Never in my life have I seen so many glasses in so many different shapes and sizes and so many utensils arranged for one person's use. My whole family doesn't use that many glasses or utensils in a meal!!! It was very lovely and totally over the top. It's fairly surreal to realize that you are having this experience in somewhat of a third world country. I believe they told us the rooms at this resort go for between 800 and $2500 a night. Insanity! Truly!

After dinner, we returned to the hotel and had drinks out on one of the many verandas and watched the moonlight sparkling out over the ocean. Simply lovely!

No comments: