Sunday, November 02, 2008

Flunking

My oldest son is doing an absolutely stellar job of flunking himself out of school right now. His teacher sent an e-mail that the latest batch of grades had been posted online. So I logged on and checked. I love that feature of the middle school! And low and behold he had C's in the first two classes I looked in on. My curiosity at that point took over and I proceeded to look up all of his other classes. I was NOT happy to see those two C's. However...I was REALLY, REALLY not happy to see two D's in other classes. And I nearly went THROUGH THE ROOF when I found out he had an F in his reading class. Lovely. Just lovely. Outstanding. I will just take this moment to say how much I love raising three gifted children. Life with them is always just such an adventure. And so. Mommy is now VERY, very cranky tonight. VERY. Maxwell is in more trouble than he has pretty much ever been in in his life to date. And I get to spend this next week e-mailing all of his teachers and trying to figure out exactly what it is that my boy is doing (or rather, ISN'T doing) to get himself flunked. There is NO good news in the Roberts house tonight. Max is grounded...just for the record. Many of you may not be catching even a glimpse of him now for many, many moons. He may well be a grown man next you see him because he is heavily grounded for just about that long. At the rate he is going, he may well be a very grown man STILL trying to pass the 7th grade. And on that note...that's just about all I have to say about that tonight.

No comments: