Friday, November 07, 2008

Friday

It's now Friday night. And I'm tired...so here are the highlights of the past couple of days.

Yesterday was training session #4 with the personal trainer. As always, she had a lovely workout planned for us. It was awesome and fun. And funny. It's always fun working out with Jenny. There was a lot of LOUD construction work going on in the gym yesterday, so we spent a good bit of the time yelling at each other. After the work was all done, we went upstairs to test in on our bodyfat and have ourselves a little talk about diet and nutrition. My bodyfat had only gone down by 1%. A little improvement...but apparently NOT what I should have achieved in this time. Which was the jumping off point for our little diet discussion (WHICH Jenny conveniently skipped out on!). The results of that discussion? Well...there was no good news. Apparently I don't even get half of the protein I am supposed to be eating....which apparently could be a HUGE factor in why I'm not able to convert this fat to muscle. Despite much working out. Also deficient was my fiber. And so I have my task before me...to eat more protein and fiber. And less fat (AKA Tootsie Rolls! Those darned things are just so addictive!). So that then, brings us to today!

This morning I got the kids all off to school and then went to Kohl's to exchange a jacket. Then I dropped a ton of stuff off at Goodwill. THEN I went to Fry's to grocery shop. I will mention here that I am accomplishing all of this with some SERIOUSLY sore bicep muscles! OUCH! Had to shop for my fiber and protein you know. After I got home from all of that I choked down some All Bran cereal and Soy Milk (EWWWWW!). Then I went and picked up Ben (today was his birthday!). Then I had a photo shoot. Then I took my birthday boy to lunch at Chili's. And I can proudly say that I was a good girl at Chili's. While I watched my son enthusiastically devour a big mouth bacon burger and pile of french fries, I myself enjoyed some grilled salmon, broccoli and black beans. Yummy. Well...you know. Yummy-ish. It was no bacon burger, I can tell ya that! Then it was time to pick up Clarabelle from school. Her little friend came home with us to play today. They were VERY busy creating great masterpieces while I edited the photos from today's shoot. Then, it was time for Daddy to come home and dinner to be fixed. Only noone was really hungry. I had another wonderful protein shake for dinner. Can I just say that I am SO stuffed of protein, I don't think I will be able to eat another bite for a week or two? This protein eating business is tough! Anyway. It's late and I am tired and I am very ready to curl up in my bed for the night!

Tomorrow, I will tell you all about the birth of my sweet boy, Benjamin and how I lived to tell about it!

No comments: