Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

It is one a.m. and I am still sitting here like I have good common sense. I don't have to be up particulary early tomorrow (or rather, today!), as it IS Thanksgiving and I have no children to get off to school. But I DO have to get up and get to the gym because Jenny and I scheduled time with our personal trainer for Thanksgiving morning (it SEEMED like such a good idea at the time. Like we would both likely be sitting around with our feet propped up just soaking in a relaxing Thanksgiving day!) I have stayed up tonight cooking chicken enchiladas and Puerco Pibil, from scratch, for tomorrow's Thanksgiving feast. Did you catch that? FROM SCRATCH???!!! I pretty much do nothing from scratch. I'm not much of a scratcher, so to speak! No thank you. Pass the shortcuts! But tonight, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I prepared two dishes from scratch. Very, VERY scratch. And they are finally done and in the fridge, waiting for their debut tomorrow as the Thanksgiving feast! And now I need to get to bed. Like NOW. LIke, at least an hour ago. But I couldn't resist logging on here and just saying Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for so much this year I would not even know where to start. Of course, I am so thankful for my three sweet kids. And my wonderful husband. I'm thankful for awesome friends and wonderful workout partners. I am thankful for personal trainers and that peanut butter m&m's have 4 grams of protein in them! I am thankful for the desert and for rainbows over the desert when it rains. I am thankful for good friends that will share a feast with us tomorrow and I am thankful for our life here in the desert. Truly. I am so thankful for our last four years here. I am thankful that I have people who love me and that I have people that I really and truly and truly love. I am thankful for the gift of talent in photography and for the gift of clients who entrust me with the task of capturing some of their sweetest moments (and not so sweet!). I am thankful for so many things and for so many people in my life. And I am SO thankful that I have to get off of this computer because nearly every minute of my day tomorrow is packed with wonderful friends and family who love me. I am so blessed to know so many wonderful people. Have you counted your blessings today? Really and truly stopped and thought about each of the tiniest, yet so significant, ways that we are all so blessed. May your Thanksgiving be grand and wonderful. Gobble, gobble and many thanks to you all!

No comments: