Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Tuesday

Today was a busy day (like there is ever any other kind!). I hit the gym bright and early this morning with Jenny. We did our workout from the personal trainer. That was fun. Then I hit the showers at the gym and went and met Chris at the mall for our little "bling" shopping trip. We struck out there and could not agree on anything. They had sold the one piece that we had really liked before hand and then they started hard selling some other stuff. NOT a favorite tactic of mine. When the sales lady pointed out a particular diamond that was "lovely" as she put it...with a price tag of just over $30,000, Chris balked a little bit. At that point she reminded him that it was an exquisite diamond. At which point Chris pointed out that it was also a BMW. By then the situation was just spiraling in a direction we just weren't going in...and everyone seemed to know it EXCEPT the sales lady. My, oh my, but she DID have some BIG plans for my fingers and Chris' money! Finally, we extracted ourselves from her and headed out to lunch. And then did a little more looking somewhere else and came out with something just lovely. Certainly NOT in the BMW price category! LOL! Not even in the Volkswagon Beetle bug category...but something we both loved just the same. So that part of the day was a success! Happy Anniversary to Me! A whole month early at that!

Then I got all my little ducklings picked up and settled at home. We did homework and practiced their spelling words. Then I had a photo shoot in the canyon at 5:00. It went quite well. Tonight's family is just so sweet and they were unbelievably cooperative. We were done in a matter of minutes. NO small feat considering they have FOUR little ones! That can sometimes be quite a challenge. But they all did so perfectly and smiled every time I asked. There was no whining and no crying and no fussing or complaining. They were total angels. Mommy and Daddy were good too! They had several great choices for pictures this year and to make it even better...they had their photo for their Christmas cards AND their card design selected within the first 30 minutes of receiving their gallery. OUTSTANDING! I was just so thrilled with them!

After the photo session, I ran into the new Wal-Mart here by the house and bought Max some new folders for school. I also made him go through his backpack when he got home today. As I suspected, none of his folders were actually in use...though they looked like they were on their last legs. Max much prefers the system of just cramming all of his papers loose into his backpack. Then is surprised when he can't find anything. While digging through that pack, he found TWO of his missing assignments. Work he had completed and was ready to be turned in. Yet, because it was in a ball in the bottom of his backpack, he instead had a ZERO. So hopefully, he can turn those two in tomorrow for at least half credit? We'll see. Anyway. Bought him some new folders. Not that I really expect him to use them. But at least I know that as his mother, I did my part! While we were at the super Wal Mart, I also was able to get Max's hair cut. He looks so cute right now! So now all of my wee ones are all nicely trimmed and ready for me to take their picture for our OWN Christmas card! I've scheduled myself for Saturday! Perhaps we can actually make it happen!

Then after all of that, I came home...bathed the wee ones, watched a little of the depressing election. Kept getting a bit distracted by my new anniversary bauble there on my left hand! Hee hee! And now...it is 10:00 and I am feeling the effects of this day and am thinking it's about time to call it a night! And so...I'm calling it. Good night!

No comments: