Monday, November 03, 2008

Monday

Today was a bit out of the norm, as far as Monday's go. For one...on Saturday morning, I had a pretty major back/shoulder spasm that has had me ALL out of whack all weekend long. This one has been WAY painful and none of the usual tricks have worked at all on the situation. I have retreated many times to my massage chair to no avail. Chris made some, yet still precious little progress on massaging it out. And it has been very much at the forefront of my mind since bright and early Saturday morning. Which is why I chose to skip my step class this morning. Somehow, the idea of jumping around and stepping all up and down just didn't really set well with me and my pain in the neck. So instead, I walked Ben and Clara to school with Oscar. Then came home and, with my fingers crossed, put in a call to the chiropractor. Luckily, the fates were on my side today and I had just enough time to get a quick shower and slide into his office. Not the most fun visit I can recall having. There was definitely some pain and discomfort involved in putting things back where they belong today. The doctor said things would be sore for a day or so after this adjustment...and boy...he wasn't just whistling dixie! My shoulder blade area is throbbing tonight. A double dose of Aleve and a second glass of wine have done little to dull the pain. I am hoping to just wake up a whole new lady tomorrow morning. Because I have a lot to do tomorrow. And this pain in the neck would be...well...a real pain in my neck to have to deal with tomorrow! My friend, Pooh and I, have some serious workout stuff to do tomorrow. And then....well. THEN, I am meeting my hubby for lunch and a jewelry show to do a little bling hunting. 15 years of marital bliss is just around the corner for us now! You got to love that! But that's tomorrow! Back to today!

After I got myself all newly adjusted and straightened out, I came home and did about a hundred loads of laundry (seriously...three can really seem like a hundred sometimes!) and got ready for my dear little friend Sarah to come and play. Sarah is nearly two and is just a little joy. Today was moving day for her family, and so she was coming to my house for a little nap while her dear mom and dad directed the movers and shuffled all the boxes to their correct locations. This arrangement has worked quite well in the past. However...today was different. Apparently, Miss Sarah was simply too excited to take a good, REAL nap like her mother was hoping for. She slept BARELY an hour...maybe not even a whole hour...and was then up and about babbling nonstop about a "mo mo", a "cher" and a "kurt". Her dear mommy was kind enough to translate that to be an old beat up "Elmo" "Chair" and a shopping "cart". Awesome! Miss Sarah was a nonstop babble of "mo mo"s a d "kurts" and "chers"...and of course...."daddies". She was a sweet little doll. A bit mischievous by the normal Sarah standards...but still a sweetheart. She proceeded to nearly unpot one of my plants out front while I pumped up the tires on the jog stroller (LOL! LIke my plants need any tiny bit more abuse than they already suffer at my own hands!). She flipped over Oscar's water...then proceeded to slip down right into the puddle she made! She was none to happy about being wet...but alas...these are the consequences of two year old mischief. She LOVES the fact that my computer keyboard is so nice and easily within her reach. Oh....and I am pretty sure she called China on the cordless phone. I was finally able to distract her with some Curious George. I no longer really own any Barney or any of the other myriad of shows she requested. But she seemed happy enough with the tail end of Max and Ruby and then Curious George. She was thrilled to be returned to her mother and on the way to "mo mo" and "kurt" bliss. I only hope their evening went well after the little miss boycotted the nap!

Once Sarah was gone, I had to pick up Ben from his first Odyssey of the Mind meeting. He seemed to have had a really good time and is really excited about the team he is on and their problem that they have to solve. I only hope it lasts and that the good vibes will continue. Ben is my quitter and this is something that he simply cannot quit. It might just END for him if his team does not do well in January's competition and fails to move on to the state level. But for now, he is excited and pumped up and ready to take it all on. Let's just pray that it lasts.

Finally tonight...there was a quick pasta dinner, I got two HUGE $400 plus picture orders uploaded...oh....and my November calendar is dangerously close to be totally BOOKED! ALL appointments full. Booked. The end! It's pretty exciting...in a wacky, scary, stressful way.

Oh...and I also e-mailed each of Max's teachers to find out what exactly is going on his classes and where exactly my dear oldest is dropping the ball so badly. Hopefully, by the weeks end we will have some answers. In the meantime....both boys remained totally and completely, deeply, DEEPLY grounded. It's a sad state of affairs to be a Roberts boy in this house at this time.

And finally...dear hubby breaks the news over dinner tonight that he will be galavanting in Europe on business while I celebrate 15 years of marital bliss at home...ALONE. Awesome. Outstanding. Lovely. You got to love the timing of those husbands!

1 comment:

Wendy Younce said...

I'm sorry. You had to spend your birthday with out.... that's one thing. But to spend a milestone of marriage is another. Of course, you do have your trip in January to look forward. Still maybe you should pack your bags and go with him. Celebrating 15 years in Europe wouldn't be the worst thing you could do, right?