Sunday, April 27, 2008

Happenings Around Here

Where to begin? Well. For starters, Clara has been sick and running a fever for 6 days now. We headed in to see the doctor on Tuesday when I first discovered the 102 degree fever... but they had no answers. Didn't think it was allergies. Strep test was negative and the long strep test also came back negative. That said, still, as of today, continues to run a fever. So whether or not she heads to school tomorrow remains to be seen.

I have been playing tennis...though not so much as my hand has developed a lovely pain in it that radiates from my pinky finger all the way down the side of my hand every time my racquet connects with the ball. One might think that given the pain symptoms that I might stop playing for a bit...yeah. One might think that. But no. Game on.

I have picked up my running again. This morning, since we could not go to church with our sick little princess, I ran 7 miles on the treadmill. It was a lovely time to visit with and contemplate on the pain in my feet. No idea what that is all about. I did buy some new running shoes today in hopes of helping with some of that. Perhaps it is just a need for some new, fresh cushioning! I figure that I can alternate my running days with my tennis days to more evenly spread out all my aching and throbbing body parts!

Speaking of my aching and throbbing body parts... FINALLY, it seems that I have my aching shoulder under control again. I had a bit of neck tightness this week...but not one second of that crazy shoulder pain that I had for that couple of months. It seems the new massage chair has really been key in turning all that nasty business around! (Thank you Mary for introducing me to that little jewel!)

What else? School is winding down here. Only 4 weeks to go. And that means that WE are winding UP for our big summer camping trip to Zion, Bryce and the North Rim! Hooray! We are all very excited and Chris mentions constantly how much he needs a BIG vacation!

Ooooh! Speaking of BIG vacations... Chris told me that the next Breast Cancer think tank thingy, the one we went to Hawaii in January for; the next one is going to be in ...... COSTA RICA!!!! Oh yeah! Sign me up baby! It's funny. Rarely am I inspired to travel. I LOVE being right here at home in Tucson. But now and again a destination of great interest crosses my path and I find myself mentally packing my suitcases and camera gear! Can you imagine the pictures in Costa Rica? My camera finger gets itchy just thinking about it!

And then that brings me to the camera finger. It's going to get quite busy here very shortly as I am doing the pictures for Clara's ballet studio in another week or so. That should be great fun with all these little glamour girls in their precious tutus! I imagine that when that one is all said and done that I too, will be more than ready for a REAL vacation away! Of course... I will still have my camera firmly in hand! The places we are going are like a photographer's heaven to be sure!

That's about all that is happening around here. Pretty boring stuff as I look over it! But hey! I guess that's life in the Robert's house these days!

1 comment:

mandy said...

fun times!! costa rica will be phenomenal- you guys will have to do the zip line tour through the jungle canopy. that would be amazing i am sure!!
hope clara feels better soon!